By Anonymous - 24/09/2015 01:21 - Canada

Today, I found out my bank charged me $50 for not having any money. Way to go bank, way to go. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 181
You deserved it 4 154

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I would imagine that is an (albeit pretty high) overdraft fee? Consider cancelling the overdraft, then keep an eye on your account to make sure you don't get that low in future, or consider switching to a fee free planned overdraft with another bank. Check the terms though!

It's probably stated somewhere in their policy, right? If not, definitely try getting it back!

Comments

Banks are the worst! The prices for NSF fees have gotten wayyy out of hand. In the 3 years I worked at a bank they went up $10! One of the biggest reasons I quit!

And then I would call chase ( my bank) and yell at them until the refunded my money. Unless you overdrew on your account and are paying you monthly fee ( my fee is $6) they shouldn't just charge you like that. Or for them to at least explain the charge

"You know what would help make this person have money in their account? Making them have less money!" -bank

My bank did that to me too, funnily enough it was called "Overdraft protection". Apparently by 'protection' it means "If we take more of your money you'll feel less inclined to overdraft your account". So many logics.

You should join a credit union. They have lower fees & loan rates than a bank an pay you more interest on your savings.

MonstreBelle 28

People **** themselves by spending money they don't have.

Happened to my boyfriend as well. He went over 12 cents. I told him not to go over but he did anyways. This was at the time when he didn't believe me and thought the fee wouldn't be that much. Well they charged about the same Op was charged. I assume he was charged a lot because the bank happens to be local. He definitely learned his lesson. Guys sometimes just listen to your girlfriends!