By sad - 17/06/2016 22:37 - United States - Belleville

Today, I found a new way to tell if my girlfriend is on her period. If she responds to "Want me to get you anything while I'm at the store?" by screaming "God just fuck off, you cunt!" then bursting into tears, the answer is a definite yes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 14 051
You deserved it 1 395

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Women (we) get crabby and sometimes irrational. But this thing about lashing out so awfully...you don't deserve that. If she is that angry, there is more than PMS going on.

Tourettes Syndrome is usually diagnosed at a very young age and accompanied by motor and verbal tics. Swearing tics are extremely rare, yet the most stereotyped. -Diagnosed at age 5

Comments

Sorry OP! Seriously don't think extreme can touch this case. Possibly uber period? Can that be a new medical term like polar vortex is a winter weather term?

I feel like this only happens in movies. Speaking as girl who knows many girls, the chances of this actually happening because of her period are slim to none.

Unfortunately not- hormones can cause a lot of behavior shifts. People with ovaries and of ovulating age go through multiple shifts in hormone levels over the course of their cycle. It can cause behavioral issues up to and including psychotic breaks. Most of the time it doesn't go that far, but hormone imbalances that cause unwillingly violent behavior are unfortunately fairly common. That said, there's not much that can be done except for hormone therapy to even out the spikes and drops. The most common form of hormone treatment therapy for women with these types of conditions, is birth control- which can be hard to obtain in some locations and situations. Of course, Planned Parenthood does offer help with this sort of theming, to the degree they can, but the person has to be able to find and willing to go to one. Point being that, yes this sort of behavior happens in real life, and with an unfortunately high rate of occurrence. It doesn't make the GF doing this on a regular basis okay, but if she does have one of those conditions, it would also be unfair to judge her based off how she acts untreated. That said, that leniency should only go so far- yelling and crying is understandable. Hitting and verbal harassment is not. Just like with someone with Bipolar Disorder, the person may reach points where they have extreme difficulty controlling their behavior, particularly when untreated, but if the person is acting like an adult in other regards, they're expected to know when they need to stop what they're doing and go somewhere that they can erupt without causing harm.

To be fair, people have rage fits over video games.

FieldLeftBlank 20

You should see me lose at PvP when I'm on my period.

Rage? What kind of casual do you take me for?

unless op has left out a reason she is mad then there is no reason for her to behave like that just because she is on her period. there is am actually problem, whether that is something op has done or her just being an asshole

If it's a hormone issue, it's not necessarily her being "an asshole." Calling her an asshole over a type of episode that is triggered by a disorder she can't control isn't very fair. That said, once she knows one way or the other, she's as responsible for at least trying to control herself as any other adult with a mood-effecting disorder. That could mean hormone therapy, other medications, and therapy, if nothing else than to learn when to identify her 'snap' point so she can try to get somewhere that she can snap without hurting anyone. Now, if she does have a hormone disorder and uses it to try to justify not even trying to control her behavior, then she is an asshole.

Either she has a hormonal disorder she *needs* to check with her doctor, or she's a bit of a rear end in general. I'm female myself, and I've never met a woman who'd react like that... I mostly know when people have their periods because they quietly ask for pain meds for bad cramps, really. Heck, I've not met a *pregnant* woman like that, and I've seen a few who are a bit out of it with trying to grow a person inside them.

I think there are deeper issues coming into play here.

bassist3415 8

Either that or she could be pregnant

Try giving her something salty - perhaps potato crisps - it always works to take the "fuzzy" (aka poor concentration/unable to focus/feeling grumpy/a bit like being tired) out of my brain when I'm on my period.