By Mandy - 09/05/2009 06:19 - United States

Today, I finished a drawing that I spent over 14 hours working on for my mom for Mother's Day. I took it outside to seal it with fixative. I took of the clear lid, shook the can, then sprayed red spray paint all over my art. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 720
You deserved it 24 666

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GHEE_fml 0

Always check the label on the can before spraying!

That sucks. Probably the OP didn't check the label because 14 hours of doing anything will make you a little disoriented... Coffee FTW.

Comments

13... it's already bad when it's from the point of view from another person. It's a bit worse when it's from the animals point of view. An inanimate object is ******* ridiculous.

amykay 0

i alway have spray paint lying around with thr wrong caps on, i have started to do that before, but i was licky and the damage was repairable. i try to remember to test it now. i feel for ya, nothing like had work gone bad.

Wow 14 hours down the drain. I hope your mom understands. FYL

aw, that sucks. shoulda checked the label. but, still, as a fellow artist i feel your pain. FYL. and lmfao 26. if only ctrl z worked irl.

ydi last time i checked spray paint bottles and fixative bottles have obvious labels on them.

That is when I would become so frustrated that I would cry. That sucks! Sometimes I do the same thing; I trust that I'm using the right product but end up with the wrong one. Augh... I'm sorry about that.

rihannalover 0

haha happened to me but i got lacquer and it turned out black. that's why i tested it out first though. mainly my fault though, so i kinda think YDI. but sorry about the 14 hours down the drain!

GabriLee 0

Oh my gosh, I would die. Even parting with my artwork for commissions leaves a pit in my stomach. I can't imaging destroying it before anyone even gets to see it. I feel for you. I frequently spend 15+ hours on my drawings. I'm sure your mother will understand. As for the drawing, nothing left to do but to redraw it, or start another.

annieannie 0

idk but i believe the inquisitive mind of a researcher will intuitivebly be inevitably impossible to seek the hidden truth of the natural behavior of this particular and emicrable feline (cat). Talk to you later my collegue and I wish you the best of luck with future paint cans!