By annoyed - 02/11/2012 10:37 - United States - Wyoming

Today, I finally got to attend the concert I have been anticipating for weeks. The band was great. The drunk guy sitting behind me yelling profanity and out of tune lyrics in my ear throughout the entire show, however, was not. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 154
You deserved it 2 214

Same thing different taste

Top comments

iBurnTrees 6

That's the worst! All you can really do is throw a beer at him when he isn't looking. Then he'll throw a fit and security will toss him on his ass! :D

If you're in the chairs and not the floor area you cannot go to another area. You paid for the seat and cannot take someone else's or if you're in the isle the security ask you to go back to your seat, sometimes they check your ticket and guide you there.

Comments

I will never understand why people go to gigs drunk, seems like a waste of a potentially great experience!

I see why people get themselves drunk I mean whats better than damaging your liver, making every moment your in become a blur, waking up with a hang over,acting like an idiot and wasting your money seems like such a wonderful experience. But yeah op to bad you had to sit next to one of these idiots.

I would have asked him politely to shut up and sit down. He would have done so. Of course, I am 6'4" and built like a Steelers Linebacker...

I hate that. Most frustrating thing in the world.

eatthemcows 4

YDI for being a pussy OP. Unless it was an orchestra or something you should've been rocking out with your **** out so hard you wouldn't even notice a drunk guy. And as loud as the music is at a concert, you must have been obsessively concerned with this guy to be able to hear him. You pussy

I totally get where you're coming from. I remember seeing my all time favourite band for the first time, and I was SO into it that if everyone around me suddenly turned into hamsters, I would not have noticed.

What a rude way of saying op should've blocked out the drunk guy and gotten into the concert. However I agree if I really love the band I'm focused on the band but some people are different. A loud drunk screaming and yelling profanities is very annoying after a while.

I hear background noise at the same level as something in paying attention to. So blocking out will not always work. If someone was being that obnoxious, I seriously would have found some way to get him to shut up.

That's the worst thing. I would have punched him.

perdix 29

Was that you sitting in front of me at the Jerry Seinfeld show? Sorry about that! I was so drunk I thought he was getting ready to sing, but he just kept talking! All week, I wanted to hear "Co-stanza!"

Had that problem once, only the drunken idiot was a tiny female that climbed a fence in front of me so I couldn't see anything. Although tempted to punch her in the skull, I just stepped to the side

CharresBarkrey 15

So... You really didn't have the same problem at all, did you?

The point was a concert experience being ruined by a drunken idiot. Forgot to mention she screamed the entire time.

noisebox 1

Do what I do with these types ( and the other types that stand up so you can't see) at concerts yell either: 'sit down ****, or shut up ****'. It usually works.....and I mean really yell.