By Katy - 18/12/2018 14:00

Today, I fell in a vent in our floor while decorating our Christmas tree. My husband removed the grates months ago to increase airflow. I fell in past my knee and he had to pull me out by the arms. It's been four days and I can still barely walk. My office is on a second floor... We don't have an elevator. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 393
You deserved it 296

Same thing different taste

Top comments

sparx1_1 12

Your husband is an idiot. There are lots of different grates you can get that increases airflow without leaving an open hole in your floor.

Comments

you need to change your air filters and have your air ducts cleaned that is the only thing that will increase the airflow and when was the last time you had your furnace maintenance done

Where do you live, that a floor air vent is bigger than your knee, and more than 18 inches down before it turns? Besides that, there wouldn’t be any significant change in air flow by removing a grate, unless it’s stuck in any position but open. You don’t deserve it, but seriously.

Ray_of_Midnight_2 3

Back in the olden days there used to be gravity fed hot air heating systems that had a giant return vent in the floor, large enough for a small child to fall into if the grate wasn't there. You rarely see them any more. Mostly people have had them replaced with newer systems that are more efficient, but every now and again you find a "fixer-upper" home that still has one.

Trying to figure out the dumber move. Removing the grate, leaving it open, or not going to the doctors. It’ll be a Christmas present for them. Another dumb patient story to tell at dinner.

I dunno about skipping the doctor being "dumb". My guess is they're in the USA where only the rich are able to have medical care, and they are not rich.

Your husband is an idiot. Run away as soon as you can.

Removing the grates does not improve air flow. Your husband is an idiot.

randybryant799 20

Your husband sounds like an idiot.