By Charitable - 30/06/2014 05:02 - United States - San Francisco

Today, I donated to a charity website. My card was repeatedly refused by the website but when I went on my account, I was charged for each time I tried. I was scammed by a charity. FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 572
You deserved it 8 841

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I hope they really use that money for charity.

I wouldn't be convinced they are a charity.

Comments

RedDragonx32 8

report the website because you may not be the only victim and there could be many more if u don't let other people know what happened to you

Brody_Generico 7

U might want to check out that "charity" to make sure it's real

Not the fault of the website, payment processor is to be blamed not the website.

There is a certain layer of hell for people that scam people that just try to do good

Bash and downvote me for this, idc. A comments a comment... I've always felt kinda if-y about giving to charities. I want to help the needy, etc without a doubt. But... You know those little charity boxes in McDonalds, etc? A lot of the time, they dig into those boxes for their own wants like buying extra food for themselves (according to a lot of friends who've worked in fast food restaurants). Same with other charities, they use a lot of that money for other irrelevant things. This doesn't apply to every charity, but still. Idk, if I were to use my hard earned cash on those who desperately need it, such as the sick, animals, even plants, I'd rather do it myself directly.

Attention people. It's called a pending authorization. Most likely the op was putting their card information in incorrectly. The company can run the card but cannot collect the funds due to incorrect card information. Should be returned shortly depending who you bank with. Not a scam, you're just unintelligent.

Exactly, I work in a call center and I deal with them all the time. Most people don't even know what a pending charge is. OP should definitely double check with their bank though, just to be on the safe side.

What sort of information would they be putting in incorrectly? If you put the wrong card number, how could they possibly still charge your account? The incorrect card number would not be connected with your account, am I wrong? It seems like an error with the website, the way I see it.

miss1nformation 11

Generally the incorrectly input info is the expiration date, billing zip code or the security code (3 digit # on the back, next to the last 4 digits in/around the signature panel). You'd be surprised how many people don't know what those numbers are for.

I agree with #40. Every year my work does a food shelf donation contest between departments. It's a great way to give to local community people in your area. Don't know how they can scam people with cans of soup.

The fact that you still think it's a charity shows how easily you can be fooled.

it is maybe just a glitch on their site... And I am sure that your credit card company will refund others transactions.