By unlucky - 29/03/2014 23:06 - United States - Tallahassee

Today, I dislocated my shoulder. My doctor failed to fix it, but did succeed in practically dislocating the other one. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 786
You deserved it 3 393

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least he wasn't amputating it and getting the wrong one

Comments

At least he wasn't amputating it and getting the wrong one

he'd probably end up amputating both shoulders...

Seems like that doctor is a little out of place. If you know what I mean haha.

It reminds me of the FML where the guy got knee surgery done on the wrong knee

Sadgirox 7
Sadgirox 7

#18 that was a terrible pun

#18. No please tell me, what exactly do you mean?

Because half of all doctors were in the bottom 50% of their class

I still don't understand why people hate Obamacare. And lots of people I've heard say they hate it, supported Romney, and his health care plan was identical to Obamacare because Obamacare is actually based off of Romney's health care plan. Do people hate it because they're forced to pay for it? Because we're forced to pay for car insurance and everyone seems to be ok with that. I just don't get it. Can somebody please explain why it's so horrible?

I'll explain to you why it's so horrible. Because it's ******* expensive as shit for college students. My deductible is so high, it's USELESS. And I voted for Obama, but only because Romney was an even bigger tart.

i have two reasons. A) if you get in an accident and total someone else's car, you can practically ruin them financially for your mistake. I still complain about being forced to get car insurance, i just understand why. B) there is no way to opt out of the healthcare. i wouldnt have any problems (maybe) if you could opt out. C) it's not affordable for me or my family. i come from a very low income family and when i tried to get it, it came out to be around $200-$250 monthly, with a $6,000 deductible as a college student. if there was a reform to the obamacare act, i would probably side with it. at this point in time, i dont really see the pros outweighing the cons.

What was he doing with your other shoulder if you only broke one? Just curious...

askullnamedbilly 33

There are several methods of reducing a dislocated shoulder joint, but pretty much all of them consist of manipulating the joint back into place by gently (!!!) pulling, abducting, rotating or even just massaging the injured arm. There's no reason to apply force to the opposite joint. Especially not enough to dislocate the other arm as well.

This is the worst FML I read today! Only someone that's dislocated a shoulder (or two) can understand. Hope you feel better soon!

jazzy_123 20

what? I drink plenty of milk and that didn't stop me from dislocating my knee. It hurts getting an injury like that so I understand OP. Worst part was, my parents took me to a man that massages and stuff like that so he pulled and pushed it back in. Never screamed more than that in my life......

PresidentNorth 16

Milk builds strong bones. Not strong joint connections.

I've dislocated both several times. It hurts! I feel really bad for them. I can't remember the last day I didn't have SOMETHING dislocate. Ugh. Poor OP

sickkidsrock 11

Actually, 71, I do. Type 3. I honestly can't believe someone guessed.

So your shoulder is still dislocated then?

Because that's the answer to everything? I'm pretty sure you can't sue your doctor for failing to pop your shoulder back into it's socket, and seeing as the doctor didn't cause any damage to OP (note how it says PRACTICALLY dislocated the other arm, not that he actually did) it would be pretty stupid to sue him. Just go somewhere else and never see this doctor again!

Indianboy9321 25

I don't know how you delt with that.

Sometimes you just have to shoulder the burdens life gives you.

I feel like people are missing your pun, since it's not as obvious as mine. Plus, the human mind has a tendoncy to overlook small typos and replace them with the "correct" word.

Looks like it's time to change doctors. Sorry for shoulder OP sounds painful.