By RavingLunatic - 01/05/2015 22:17 - United States - Gilbert

Today, I desperately needed to let off some steam at work, so I went outside and screamed obscenities at the top of my lungs, before heading back inside. The police then showed up to investigate complaints of a "raving lunatic" in the area. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 283
You deserved it 24 800

Same thing different taste

Top comments

rhcpgurl 18

And you thought screaming obscenities at the top of your lungs wouldn't scare and catch the attention of people within earshot of you?

As does punching stupid people. However, that also involves the police.

Comments

Imagine how funny this would've been to hear...:p

jimmer23 21

I'm not calling you a raving lunatic, but normal people don't do that. Find a pillow next time.

Goblin182 26

Sounds like good therapy to me.

sunny354wi 8

Next time, head for your car!

Dude, you think that's bad? There was one night where I was so stressed and I got into my old junker of a car and the ignition was stuck, so while working myself up trying to get it started I started cursing and may have punched my own dashboard once or twice before the stuck key finally gave in. I drove to my destination and as I was pulling in when red and blue lights showed up in my rear view mirror, and I realized I had been followed, because someone had called to report a crazy person was screaming, possibly for help, in a car. Ended up having my vehicle searched flipped upside down before I was finally free to continue with my evening, which ended up going downhill from there.

Attacksloth 33

Notice how OP didn't claim the raving lunatic was himself. Denial. One of the primary symptoms of lunacy.

I would have done it inside. at least less people would have heard it thatvway.

Idk why this got more ydis! seriously haven't any of you ever felt the overwhelming need to just explode and let out whatever? I don't know about the rest, but I like buying diet coke cans, shaking them and throwing them against a random, abandoned wall... Honestly its therapeutic, idk why everyone likes to pretend they're perfectly devoid of emotions.

Healthy human beings don't go around screaming at the top of their lungs in public. If you think that's acceptable adult behavior, there's something wrong with you.

Seriously? My mother was given a "damnit doll" to get her frustration out. She could do what she wanted, throw it, hit it, anything to let out stress. If you don't let out stress, it's going to build up and THAT won't be healthy for you.

Most adults (that I know) don't deal with by screaming in what is obviously a public place. Usually they wait until they're alone to handle their shit.

Venting is not a good way to handle stress. It only makes you more habituated toward doing that more often. Try walking away from the stressful situation, going to a quiet place, taking deep breaths, listening to calming music, etc.

Venting is exactly how you deal with stress. When I'm upset I talk to others. That's considered venting. It might be a good idea to 'walk away' when you can but try doing that and those other things at work. If therapists, you know actual professionals, recommend venting then I think it's a pretty good strategy to deal with stress. It's not like he does it every day, screaming is a LOT better than punching something or someONE.