By StinkyFrogHunter - 10/05/2017 15:00 - Canada - Toronto

Today, we ordered from a burger joint through Uber Eats. We waited over an hour for the food when it should have arrived in 25 minutes. Looking back at the app, we saw that the order was cancelled. The dude was hungry and decided to steal our food and take off. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 735
You deserved it 481

Top comments

fearrhyno1 18

They weren't joking, as it says Uber EATS. Sorry to hear OP

I would be so mad. I live in a small city with barely any takeaways that deliver in the first place. So if the food I ordered was then snaffled by the delivery guy/girl, damn! On a side note I envy all of you that can resist takeaway 100% of the time. I wish I was stronger.

Comments

fearrhyno1 18

They weren't joking, as it says Uber EATS. Sorry to hear OP

I guess that's better than having an Uber delivery dude show up at your door who is thirsty, if you know what I mean;)

Ok, as an avid user of UberEats, I have to say that the only time orders are cancelled are when the restaurant doesn't accept it within a certain time frame, or if an Uber driver doesn't accept it. My vast knowledge of the app makes me wonder on how much of this FML is true.

Omg im from Canada too and the exact thing happened to me except the guy brought the food and it was cold and disgusting. Took him an hour instead of 20 minutes.

So it was the exact same thing...except for literally everything but what country you're from?

Elisabetha Aarron 18

I would be so mad. I live in a small city with barely any takeaways that deliver in the first place. So if the food I ordered was then snaffled by the delivery guy/girl, damn! On a side note I envy all of you that can resist takeaway 100% of the time. I wish I was stronger.

yeah, I think UBER has safeguards built into this. If it's listed as cancelled it's because either the restaurant or driver refused it, not because the driver ate it.

This happens to us in Tampa ALL THE TIME. Well, did. We deleted the app. So unreliable, even when no one is stealing food. FYL.

How do you know that he just decided he didn't want to pick it up & deliver it?

ProperPengTing 15

Can't you report the driver/delivery person on the app?