By Anonymous - 03/11/2012 10:02 - Australia - Queanbeyan

Today, I decided to delete my Facebook account. My older sister repeatedly called me in tears asking why I'm cutting her out of my life. It seems I can't get rid of social media without my family taking offence. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 077
You deserved it 2 270

Same thing different taste

Top comments

twinny_sc 13

Haha that same shit happened to me. I got a call from my mom, sister, and best friend asking why I removed them as friends on Facebook. Then when I said I deleted it they were baffled. Damn social media.

AphyTheBronette 15

Just tell them to take a chill pill and that you love them, just not Facebook.

Comments

gregkingsley 4

Tell her you had heard that new studies have shown that extreme face booking can increase your chances of getting cancer by 50 percent.

Facebook sucks. It should be "fakebook".

And when you thought not responding to texts right away was bad for some of us...

I wish I could thumb you up more. That drives me apeshit. I'll look at my phone after having it on silent for a bit and see one normal text message and thirteen frantic ones about why I'm mad at someone...

Exactly!! And I somehow get blamed for something completely stupid and non-existent if I don't answer soon!

75, while I agree with everything you've stated, my cell has actually saved my life, more than once. My chronic illness causes me to convulse, pretty often, and even black out. It can happen anywhere, at any time. I live alone so if my boyfriend texts me and calls me over a certain amount of time, he knows something's wrong and he's always been right. If we know we won't be texting each other as much as usual, we give each other a heads up. So, for people like me, who have a chronic illness, cell phones are a blessing. But I can't stand it when people fight over not responding to a text/call fast enough. It's so petty and most people treat it like it's life or death when it clearly isn't. It makes me wish that I wasn't so sick and couples still wrote love letters/notes to each other. Luckily, my boyfriend and I surprise each other with them every once in a while.

*I meant when my boyfriend tries to contact me and doesn't get s response, he knows something is wrong...my mistake.

tater247 2

people always take offense. it pisses me off I don't care about fb. so why does it matter if your my friend or not. when u don't friends someone they cry to others an get upset. get a real life not one on the computer

You're deleting Facebook?!? Mark Zuckerberg is gonna be displeased when you destroy his investment...

She probably thought you blocked her. Just tell her you deactivated it. No biggie.

Facebook ruins lives. Even after you delete it.

After you make an a Facebook you are like a fly caught in a spider web there is nothing you can do but just wait until you are eaten up. Yeah I said that big whoop want to fight about it?

naughtylez82 4

Maybe she thought you got mad and deleted her? Just explain op.