By Nucleus - 08/10/2015 13:48 - Sweden - Stockholm

Today, I complained about being bored to death on Facebook. Someone took it as a suicide threat and called the police. They showed up at my apartment and my workplace. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 260
You deserved it 3 460

Same thing different taste

Top comments

At least you know someone cares about you

They might be stupid as hell but at least they care enough to try to help.

Comments

Serves you right for being bored. You have genitals. Next time play with them or just stimulate your mind and give that old thought fabric a chance to build something.

This makes me think you worded it funny. "I'm so bored I could kill myself"

aeryn97 17

well I'm sure it spiced up your life. you should thank them and see if you can smoke out the rat.

PinkGlitterBunny 8

Maybe they thought if they sen the police you wouldn't be bored anymore. It is a bit of a shock when the police show up at your house for no reason.

This may or may not be an over-reaction, depending on A) how you worded it (i.e. did you write "I'm bored to death" or "I'm so bored I could kill myself") and B) whether you have a history of self harm and/or suicide attempts. If you do have that kind of history then you can't really blame them. If not, well, that was a bit over the top, they could have called you first if they were really worried.

Enzymatic 14

people take social media too seriously dont feed them and their illusions

was this comment in English or Swedish how does that come across in Swedish in English it's a very common figure of speech highly unlikely to be taken as a threat of suicide somebody needs to be unfriended.