By Anonymous - 18/07/2013 14:38 - United States - Seattle

Today, I called a tree removal company to have my diseased elm removed. When I got home from work, I was surprised to find it still there. Not as surprised as my neighbor was to discover that his tree was missing, nor as surprised as his children when they saw there was no more tree-house. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 386
You deserved it 4 439

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How can they be so reckless about that stuff and not even verify first? It takes a lifetime to grow big enough for treehouses. Poor kids. :/

You would think a tree removal company would know what a diseased tree looked like.

Comments

perdix 29

The good news is those little perverts won't be peeping into your bedroom or bathroom window from their little surveillance post (oops, "treehouse" ;) )

I'm sure you plenty of practice as a child staking out your neighbors. Perhaps that is what made you into the man you are today?

perdix 29

#13, naw, my "treehouse" was only 2 feet off the ground, due to my fear of heights. Also, it should have been more precisely termed a "shrub house," that is, if you are charitable enough to let a piece of plywood wedged into a shrub count as a "house."

Don't give me that excuse, perdix. I've seen your childhood pictures. That shrubhouse was located right across the cute neighbor's first-floor window.

Sir_ND_Pity 35

17 - Ah, I had a shrub house of my own when I was younger. Not because it was built on the foundation of a shrub, but because it allowed me to see the neighbor's wife's shrub on occasion, if you know what I mean ;)

perdix 29

#21, haha, I grew up in Appalachia -- I WAS the "cute neighbor." When you are surrounded by a bunch of inbred Hatfield and McCoy types, the bar is set pretty low. #23, back in the day when shrubs were "in," we sure liked looking for them. Why?

I wonder if they were going to charge extra for the labor of removing the tree house?

Haha, I imagine the tree removal people getting there and your tree being all "you got the wrong guy, it's him you want!"

mahdi8130 8

At Least they didn't demolish the wrong house.

You might say this was a nightmare on elm trees.

UofLCardFan08 6

Those kids are gonna start a riot now, you should probably hide OP.

rokolodo 10

Damn! But, hey! If Doctors remove the wrong limb. What do you expect from tree workers?

I would not compare doctors to tree people. A doctor and a tree cutter are two different jobs. It would be like saying, "Sometimes dancers injure their legs so you should never go for a walk." Has nothing to do with one another. Also, you mention it about three or four times on the same thread, so you must be under the impression you made a witty and awesome statement. Which is not true. You sound like an idiot.

Seriously, are you a doctor that does this on multiple occasions? Or has this happened to you before? You sound like you're defending yourself making this same comment over and over again.

I'm guessing that happened to either him or to one of his friends or family members and he's bitter.

I would have called and bitched for the neighbor's behalf! That's so wrong. Diseased tree = a tree that has grown a house? >_<