By allergic_to_bull - 08/10/2014 18:48 - United States - West Palm Beach

Today, I attended an assembly regarding senior graduation. The assistant principal told us to look to the left and right of us, because those people would be our friends for the rest of our lives. I was the only one in the entire row. FML
I agree, your life sucks 42 521
You deserved it 4 258

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I think that's not in order for a lot of people, I hardly talk to anyone from that period. Look on the bright side, nobody in your personal space ;)

BeautifulChaos27 37

In all honesty, most of those people in the assembly you'll never hear from again like a year or two after graduation anyway.

Comments

I think I only have 1 friend left from high school that I still keep in touch with. The vast majority of friends I have now I met either while in college, or through friends I met in college. In college, you'll meet people who actually share your interests, rather than kids they just bundle together because they happen to be the same age.

Meh, don't read too much into it. I'm 22 and I barely talk to anyone from high school.

disasterlydeed 26

Don't let it get you down sis. I'm 20 and I talk to almost no one from high school anymore. Sooner or later you will realize nobody in high school really mattered and caring about their opinions for four years was pointless. It took me two years after graduating in 2012 to realize that. Once you come to that realization, you can only move forward.

He's only right if you don't make something of your life. Most people move on and rarely think about high-school.