Here, there and everywhere

By Bee - 02/10/2020 14:56

Today, I installed a pool in my house. Unfortunately, it was in my hallway. The floors are ruined all through my house, everything smells like mildew and no one is in a hurry to fix it because of Covid lockdowns. FML
I agree, your life sucks 1 188
You deserved it 602

Briony Jayne tells us more.

OP here. I didn’t actually install a pool. I was running a bath and my baby started screaming, so I went to soothe him and forgot about the bath. I need to replace the floors all through my house!

Top comments

Christ there's some dense people around here. People really took "installed a pool" at face value? Irony and sarcasm, guys. Look it up.

xxlk4xx 6

I've totally had the sink over flow before because of the same reason! it succkkksss

Comments

ojoRojo 27

This is worded in a strange way. I’m assuming you just had some sort of leak in your house, because who would install a pool in their hallway?

I am not sure, OP said 'I installed a pool'. If it was a leak, they wouldn't say installed? But I agree the FML worded strangely, cause I don't see how that is possible...

I am sorry but I am lost. Like, did you dug a hole in the ground to install an indoor pool? Or is it a inflatable pool? Why would you installed a pool in the hallway?

OP here. I didn’t actually install a pool. I was running a bath and my baby started screaming, so I went to soothe him and forgot about the bath. I need to replace the floors all through my house!

Christ there's some dense people around here. People really took "installed a pool" at face value? Irony and sarcasm, guys. Look it up.

Yeah, totally agree, there are dense people out there. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if one day someone actually tries to install a pool in their hallway and then gets shocked when it doesn't work. And some FML are worded funnily sometimes, like that lady who said her son hit another kid with a baseball bat try to hit a pinata, but there was no pinata in the first place. So yeah, I know irony and sarcasm, it's just hard to read it sometimes :)

To OP: Ooops sorry. Thanks for the explanation. If you tell a contractor there is a risk of black mould, wouldn't that count as an "emergency fix" ?

wysegirl 24

I've done that.. I need to replace the flooring in my bathroom before I move out from it.

Yeah they have ripped all of the flooring out, which is great, but now my house is all concrete. I live in Melbourne in Australia and we are in some of the tightest COVID lockdowns in the world. There are no stores or showrooms open so I can’t choose new flooring (the carpet and hardwood I used to have has been discontinued).

xxlk4xx 6

I've totally had the sink over flow before because of the same reason! it succkkksss