By apparentlybutch - 05/09/2014 21:11 - United States - Fort Wayne

Today, I asked out the girl I really like. She turned me down, saying that she's a lesbian. That'd be fine, if I were a guy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 203
You deserved it 4 567

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Corvo_Attano_4 12

Don't worry, she probably just uses that excuse on guys a lot and has been accustomed to do that after being asked out

Comments

Sorry to hear that OP, but (this is going to sound corny) Everyone has the perfect someone out there, you just need to search a little harder!

Bullshit. I've been searching all my life and I'm still single.

#18 Don't waste your time searching, and wait for it to come to you. You're a pretty girl.

Then maybe you're just searching in the wrong places. Im sure u will find someone. You have a lifetime to look.

KeannaLove 32

#18- Don't take offense when I say this, but if you're really only 16, you literally have your whole life to find someone. Don't waste what could be the best years of your life searching for something that will most likely come on it's own.

#18 You're only 16 lol. You have plenty of time for that someone to show up

Oh god. Everyone took my comment too seriously. Sorry. Bad attempt at a joke.

I had a feeling when I looked at your profile you would be a teenager. I don't understand why majority of teens worry so much about relationships. I'm 17 and I could care less.

All your life? You're what.. 16? I had barely moved out of my parents' house at 16. Give me a break.

This is the first time I've heard a gay person get turned down. Sorry OP.

Gay people are just like everyone else. They don't just date the first other gay person they meet, they have preferences about appearance and personality too. They have all the same relationship issues that straight people have.

Psycho_Babydoll 26

It DOES happen, you know... basically everything TheMathMajor said.

Don't worry. There are plenty of fish in the sea. So, throw it behind you and keep fishing.

ChildrenOfFilth 12

Show her the goods she's missing out on and prove that you're a woman too then. It's all about determination!

headofmedusa 15

Maybe she doesn't know you're a girl?

tony1891 22

tell her you are lesbian. just trapped inside of a male body.

except she's not trapped in a males body, she is a lesbian, inside a female body

You should have answered her "That's great, so am I"... I really hope you told her you are a woman and that everything turned out okay. If not, don't worry OP, there's plenty of other fish in the sea! :)