By Anonymous - 24/02/2011 10:34 - United States

Today, I asked my dad what his plans for Friday were. Apparently, he's going to a concert with my step-mom all evening. It's been their plan for months. Friday is my birthday. That's been set since the day I was born. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 239
You deserved it 7 050

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see the issue. The concerts are only on specific days, if it was something they really wanted to see, Friday would be the only day they could go. Why can't his parents go to the concert and celebrate OPs birthday all day on the Saturday? If this was me in this situation I'd let them go to their concert and just suggest we go out for dinner the next day or any time that weekend to celebrate my birthday. And not bitch about it on FML. OP, get over it.

Comments

how old are you? go out with friends! or do you need your parents to throw you a little party? will there be pin the tail on the donkey? twister? those festive pointy paper hats and noisemakers? are you in third grade?

jayellef 3

was wondering the same thing. how old is op? why doesn't he have any friends? even if op were still a teenager he/she would rather hang out with friends.

jayAZ 3

you'll always be there, whatever age old performer may not. celebrate later...selfish brat!

15, I don't see how wanting to celebrate your birthday with family makes you a "selfish brat"

sallen0046 4

Once you're over the age of five, the world does not, and should not be expected to stop because it's your birthday. Celebrating a day or even a week later does not make the "event" any less important. Instead of complaining that the parents have something else to do that night, perhaps OP should have taken the opportunity to remind and see if they're willing to change their plans if it's really that important to the OP that the celebration must take place that night.

I'd personally be okay with them going to a concert on my bday because it's not like a concert can be rescheduled, but I don't think wanting to spend your birthday with your parents is expecting the WORLD to stop for you. They're his/her family.

Hlessirah 3

Then you can celebrate around their schedule, maybe have lunch plans with them, or something like that, perhaps? Or you can do what my family always does and celebrate your birthday on Saturday instead. Saturday is more of a fun day anyway. My advice, get over it, and work up a solution instead.

I don't see the issue. The concerts are only on specific days, if it was something they really wanted to see, Friday would be the only day they could go. Why can't his parents go to the concert and celebrate OPs birthday all day on the Saturday? If this was me in this situation I'd let them go to their concert and just suggest we go out for dinner the next day or any time that weekend to celebrate my birthday. And not bitch about it on FML. OP, get over it.

I agree completely. OP - This might be a concert they've both really wanted to go to for a long time, especially as they've had this sorted for months. It will always be possible to celebrate your birthday the day after or whatever, it doesn't have to be on the day of your birthday, most people learn that because of school if nothing else.

LexieBabe 0

I totally agree with you! OP, it doesn't mean they forgot, just that the concert and your birthday happen to be the same day. you wont stay the same age if your birthday isn't celebrated on the exact day. go out with some friends to celebrate if it means that much to you!

birthdays are every year. depending on the concert, it could be a once in a lifetime event! get over it whiney pants!

Boho!!! cry me a river...the concerts is more important than a bd

well at least your birthdays on a Friday. theres probably plenty of other things to do, not that that excuses your dad

EmmanuelManny 0

The sucks OP what kind of father doesn't remember there child birthday