By Anonymous - 24/02/2011 10:34 - United States

Today, I asked my dad what his plans for Friday were. Apparently, he's going to a concert with my step-mom all evening. It's been their plan for months. Friday is my birthday. That's been set since the day I was born. FML
I agree, your life sucks 37 239
You deserved it 7 050

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I don't see the issue. The concerts are only on specific days, if it was something they really wanted to see, Friday would be the only day they could go. Why can't his parents go to the concert and celebrate OPs birthday all day on the Saturday? If this was me in this situation I'd let them go to their concert and just suggest we go out for dinner the next day or any time that weekend to celebrate my birthday. And not bitch about it on FML. OP, get over it.

Comments

I ******* hate step parents. Well most of them. Because its like they act like the child doesnt exist. Have a party at your house while they are gone

Take the opportunity to invite everyone round for a party! If they complain, point out that they would have been invited but they obviously had more important plans :)

everlife_333 3

throw a house party or just go hang out with your friends

sixfoot2 0

why do u need your dad there? just throw your own party

Or just get the **** over it. Who cares.

ulicksam 0

You can celebrate your birthday any day of the week. The concert only happens on a single day. Stop being so selfish.

Waaaah everyone drop their plans it's my birthday! Waaaah...

Meh, who cares. 17 years old and I could neither remember my birthday nor care for it in the slightest. Your father is an adult. He does not have to be bound to you, his child all the time. Remind him, get your hugs and kisses, and just enjoy your day in solitude or with friends. Oh, and happy birthday. Not your birthday today? Read it on friday then, man!