By Anonymous - 16/11/2014 00:04 - United States - Cleveland

Today, I asked my dad for advice. I recently got drunk and had a one-night stand. I feel terrible, because I'm engaged to a wonderful lady. My dad just said, "You did the right thing, son, keep it up. She's gonna steal half ya shit in the divorce anyway". FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 768
You deserved it 34 423

Same thing different taste

Top comments

lexiieeex3 32

That was a really dick move. On both of your parts.

zahra_786 19

Yeah, you should feel terrible. F your fiancé's life. She deserves better. Also, being drunk isn't an excuse.

Comments

sempisaviour 17

OP, go straight edge and that won't happen again. YDI

#1 F! the drunk excuse, you did it because you wanted to do. it. #2 Think about how you would feel if your fiance, told you she got drunk and screwed some dude. #3 If you are truly sorry forget it happened and put it in the past. #4. If you truly love the woman who will be your wife, think about your actions and the impact they can potentially have on her but before acting. If you are going going to be a horrible husband, do you both a favor and don't get hitched.

#60 The last thing he should do is keep it from his fiance. OP ****** up, and if he keeps it from her and they get married, they both are going to be in an even bigger hurt when she does find out (let's face it, if OP is dumb enough to get drunk and cheat, he's probably dumb enough to get drunk and spill the beans). It'd be better to tell her now OP before you drag her down with you.

83, if it really was a one time mistake and OP does really regret it and loves his future wife very much he should be the one living with the hurt and pain, not her. If my hubby made a one time mistake that really was a one time thing I wouldn't want to know. I wouldn't want to live with having to wonder if he would do it again every time he leaves home or comes home from work late. If it ever happened again, I would want to know. Because that would be the day I leave.

135, good for you for being intelligent. Absolutely, 100 percent agree. If it was a one time thing, it's their cross to bear, nobody else's. If it happens more than once, well, that's leavin' time.

34 yeah if theres even a 1% chance that you will cheat while drunk then if you love her you wont drink. its his fault for taking that chance when hes weak and has little self control

amayasoma 19

I would want to know. I am about to marry you. Give you my mind, body, and soul and you not only want to go and have a one night stand but also not confess about doing it. I would feel more betrayed by the fact he didn't say anything to me asap.

I love the double standard of society. A man gets drunk and has sex: "He shouldn't have drank! He must have wanted it! He's 100% responsible!" A woman gets drunk and has sex: "she was drunk! She didn't have control! Its 100% the guys fault!" Not saying cheating is good but these comments you guys are posting make me sick.

162 if a woman got drunk and cheated, the response would be the same... you may be thinking of people disputing whether drunk sex is rape, which is not what OP is talking about..

yeah 162 if a woman gets drunk and cheats everyone calls her a ***** all the same, if not worse

lexiieeex3 32

That was a really dick move. On both of your parts.

SarahSehhati 40

Yes it was. Now to not make such a dick move is to confront his fiancee and tell her the truth.

agreed, you're a dick. But moving on from that: you have to tell her, its only fair that she knows exactly what shes getting into BEFORE she decides to legally, spiritually and emotionally bind herself to you for life.

karmaliss 18

13, Hopefully him feeling terrible about it is a sign he isn't too big of a dick to never confess and try to earn his fiancé's trust back.

SarahSehhati 40

Thats if she is willing to let him gain her trust back.....

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
deathstroke990 22

oh god please don't let that become a thing

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

The term that you guys are looking for is MRA (men's rights activist) and I've heard masculinist as well. Plus, meninist sounds terrible

How about "machoism"? Rolls off the tongue a little easier.

I would say that sucks, but you did have a one night stand while engaged. Ydi OP

I agree. OP deserves all the hell that he gets for this. This is one of the rare FMLs that I don't want a follow up to... This is just sad. YDI OP, and **** your fiancée's life.

I want a follow up explaining how she chooses to handle his inability to keep it in his pants. Whether she drops his ass to the curb or not. Yeah...that'd be wonderful to see.

zahra_786 19

Yeah, you should feel terrible. F your fiancé's life. She deserves better. Also, being drunk isn't an excuse.

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
jazmin3012 28

@23 no they are not, especially when it involves hurting someone else

ChristianH39 30

Jeez people I'm pretty sure 23 was being sarcastic...

But if a woman says yes to sex while drunk it's rape? I agree op is wrong but it's not exactly the same as if he was sober

If you get drunk and make mistakes like that you stop drinking. Join AA or something.

Your poor fiance. Don't ask for advice on such personal matters. It's up to you to figure it out.

im_a_black_guy 10

No sometimes it's best to ask for advice obviously he feels bad and he wants to take the right steps towards fixing it

A+ parenting. Hope the drunk one night stand was worth the shit storm that should be headed your way. YDI.

and the std he hopefully got. to op: your a douchebag. being drunk is no excuse. you were just an asshole.

Your wishing an sti on a person? That's pretty dumb considering he'll just spread it to more people ...

I hate when people being drunk becomes an excuse for pulling your manhood out. You should feel guilty OP, YDI.

im_a_black_guy 10

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

nope, it's an excuse, it's like "oh I was drunk, I didn't know wgat I was doing" of you can't handle your actions when you're drunk, pace yourself, drink water, eat food between drinks

if you cant handle your actions when drunk your either a lightweight or an alcoholic

How about hearing your other cheated?

As for advice... confess immediately and beg your fiance's forgiveness. Being dishonest about it will make it so much worse.

PerditaDessa 38

Especially, since you're asking others for advice. If she hears it from someone other than you later on you'll never live it down. If she decides to look past your mistake she probably won't want every other person you two know to know about it.