By DyingPlants - 10/10/2011 03:27 - United States

Today, during my first date with a girl I've liked for awhile, she tells me about some minor disabilities she was born with. Wanting to be honest with her too, I tell her I'm slightly autistic. Her response was, "I'm sorry this isn't going to work. I can't date a retard." I had to eat alone after that. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 938
You deserved it 3 899

Same thing different taste

Top comments

omfg_creepers 8

What a bitch *****. I hope she falls off here bike and gets small rocks stuck in her knee and cries.

Comments

Hon, as someone who has an autistic brother and knows several autistic children, all at varying stages of development, the fact that you are high functioning enough to get(and then lose) a date is fantastic. It's just a normal part of life. We all go out with terrible people who leave us for terrible reasons. Sure, she left you for a reason that's a bit more prejudiced than most, but it's still a normal hazard of the dating world. If she isn't willing to give you a chance, then it's her loss. My brother has a little girlfriend his age(they're too young for it to be actual dating) and she knows that he's autistic, and she loves to be around him regardless. You will find the right girl. And in some cases, it might help for you to give a brief description of your case of autism. Many people hear the word autism and assume the worst(mental retardation, social problems, etc.). Explain to her what "slightly autistic" means. If "slightly autistic" means you fit a few categories on the autism spectrum, let her know. If a girl is informed, she may not make such a rash, bigoted decision.

There's autism and ASD, you have it or you don't. There' no such thing as 'slightly autistic' or 'a bit autistic'. But I know what you mean, as I have a mild version of Aspergers Syndrome. Most people only know the classic type of autism, and compared to that we're pretty normal. ;)

as much as i'm almost positive it hurts now, in the long run you saved yourself from a long time of hurting. I am not gonna name call or anything because im sure you still feel bad about it but you will find someone one day who will accept you for the type of person you are. you will find someone who will love you for your faults as you will theirs. don't let yourself dwell on the fact that she wasn't ready for a mature relationship.

What a ******* bitch.. she's the 1 that brought up the topic. damn ***** -.-

I wouldn't date a retard either...fyl op

Autism isn't retardation. You're ignorant and a piece of shit to be so cruel. People like you are why our society has become so horrible to live in. Grow up dumbass.

She's also a hypocrite, she's disabled but won't date someone who is...that's just rude!

D4rkAng3L 5

Awww poor thing. :( There's other, BETTER girls out there.

iamtheconqueror 4

shoulda made fun of her disabilities! that or called her fat.

But that would make him just as bad as she is. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't want to sink to her level...

thejedi08 10

hey, she is the retard! i have aspergers which is a form of autism, and i get girls all the time! Bill Gates has Autism... Einstien had autism... Michael Jackson even had autism! even hugh Hefner is autistic! so there are better girls out there and with those facts, you can get WAY better pussy!

Llama_Face89 33

Here here dude. that shit still hurts though... (also have Aspergers)

guckylynn 19

You "get girls all the time" huh? "I'm 23 years old, a virgin..." sound familiar?

It's not like he said anything about having sex. No need to hate.

My boyfriend is slightly autistic! It really doesn't show.... and I love him to death!

I find it funny how you SAY you get girls all the time, but you say your life "sucks ass", and you find the need to say you're a 23 year old virgin on your profile?