By Anonymous - 20/06/2013 19:15 - Germany - Paderborn

Today, at work, a woman demanded a refund for a video game. She had no receipt, so due to company policy, I couldn't refund her. She reacted by loudly accusing me of being racist, then yelled that she'd see me in court as she finally stormed out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 086
You deserved it 3 137

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Chellybelly92 14

I hate customers like that. They think the louder they get the more likely it will go their way.

Customers who expect an exchange without a receipt are just idiotic. I see this situation on a regular basis where I work, where something will be half price one week and then the next week someone who "bought this stuff yesterday" come in looking for a full refund without a receipt to verify the dates

Comments

CommonSenseKarma 17

Asnakelovinbabe? That sounds like a very peculiar story.

I've had customers do awful things to me to in the past at my old job. I've even had a customer once tell me, "I'm going to hop this counter and b*tch-slap the smile off your face." My father at that moment was in the hospital after suffering from a near fatal heart attack and it was my job to smile at her, sadly what I was paid to do. The cool thin is though a month later (much to my surprise) she came back in and approached me, judging by the look on her face I could tell she remembered the situation and felt terrible. When she came up to me she had said, " I don't know if you remember me or not but I had come in about a month ago and happened to been having a terrible day and I was pretty rude to you and I wanted to say I'm sorry." I thought it was very kind that she did that as apologies didn't happen often where I had worked. I pretended like I didn't even remember how awful she was that day because I know everyone has awful things going on in their lives sometimes (as I did that day with my father almost dying) and I could tell if she had thought enough to come apologize a month later that it was eating her up inside. So, I told her that, "I didn't really remember but thank you for caring enough about a misunderstanding to come back and apologize to me about it." I remembered the situation but knew she obviously felt bad enough and didn't want to add to it by saying that I remembered. It turns out someone I worked with had thought it very rude of her the day she got mad and went up and told her she should be ashamed of herself for her actions and told the lady my father had just almost died. After her apology she gave me another as well as a tee soaked hug and told me, "I hope your father recovered and I'm really ashamed of what I did. God bless you for being so forgiving because I know you must remember me after a day like that." I cried my eyes out after she mentioned that. I didn't mean to as I hate crying in front of people I know, never mind crying in front of a total stranger. She wrote the main office of my work a very kind and heartfelt letter about the entire situation and told the president of our company how she thought I handled things so well in the face of all the anger and sadness and that she felt I was one of the best employees she had come across. She was a very nice lady and just happened to be having an awful day like I was, but didn't know how to compose herself in public as well. She became a regular customer of mine and refused to go to anyone else during her shopping trips. It made me smile to know that she cared enough to come back and go through all of that to try to make it up to me even though I was more than satisfied with a simple, "I'm sorry." I wasn't even expecting the apology. Keep your head up OP. sometimes people also have a lot a personal issues and don't really know how to cope so they take it out on people they will most likely never have to see again. The world isn't all that bad. Maybe someday you will have a customer who comes back in to say sorry for an issue. If not just remember, no one is made of steel and sometimes it hard not to lash out whether or not someone deserves it. Good luck :-)

Let me guess she was black! I see that at my store all the time! Hahaha

I'm sick of people playing the race card.

I work as a part-time cashier and this has happened so many times to me :/

ezrajab 22

Some people don't understand gamestop

asnakelovinbabe 16

It goes like this. Once upon a time there was a chick that liked snakes. She keeps snakes, sculpts snakes for a living, and her life revolves around... Snakes. The end.

wargrunt95 4
DKjazz 20

I don't wan't to seem preachy or antagonistic, and I'm not calling you stupid. I'm just giving you some friendly advice. If you want to convey your ideas more effectively, try breaking up your sentences. For instance, your first sentence takes up half the post. I know this is the internet, not an English class, and I'm sorry if I offended you.