By ugly? - 20/09/2011 08:08 - United States

Today, at work, a weird old woman came up to me and told me that it's okay: being ugly isn't a choice, it's nothing to be ashamed of, and that it's what inside that counts. She then hugged me and walked away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 303
You deserved it 3 014

Same thing different taste

Top comments

What a wise old woman. Telling you the secrets of life like that. You should be honored.

Comments

skyeyez9 24

I used to get teased about my looks as a child. I am half japanese and half italian with green eyes. Mostly by bigoted jerks. Ironically, the former bullies are fat and disgusting now and I got alot of attention from males since high school. I grew out of my lanky awkward.figure by then.

fthislyfe 22

13: I was also teased for my nose as a child too. And I really hate people who do that. They don't even realize that children have feelings too.

#13 Some of us (me) don't grow out of our lanky, awkward figures or awkward looks in general. I'm 22 and still awkward-looking.

BellaBelle_fml 23

I don't understand why people make fun of other people's looks or bodily 'flaws'. It's not as though they chose to have a crooked nose or freckles, etc. Can they get it 'fixed'? Well yea, but then they would be mocked for getting plastic surgery. You just can't win unless you were born 'perfect'. Now, of it's something like hygiene, or lack thereof, or a clothing or hair style that just doesn't flatter them, then I can understand some mockery. Even then it's still kind of rude. It's all about how you tell them, people should learn and master tact.

larlarlauren 0

What!? From your profile picture, you're gorgeous.

At least you got a hug! Ungrateful much?

Wow. Yeeeeaaaahhhhh.. I think I met that same person in my drive thru.

Maybe she was talking about herself and needed a little human kindness - relax

Awww how sweet she gave you a hug. Don't you just love the oldies

The elderly and children alike are known for moments like that. I wouldn't worry about it. Believe me though, I know it sucks! While at work, some kid pointed to me and said "UGLY LADY!" It was awful.

Seriously, can someone tell me? I find it cruel that someone would vote my comment down about being called ugly.

perdix 29

She's right. You know what they say, "Good things come in ugly packages." Ok, they really don't say that, but it works for me and it should for you. To get attention from the opposite sex, I have to be incredibly charming and shell out a lot of cash. (I think it's really the cash.)

Here in The Netherlands we've got a Tv show where old people do stuff like this. It's pretty awsome