By Idiot - 22/02/2017 04:00 - United States - Anchorage

Today, while working at the bar, I had a beautiful woman squeeze my bicep and tell me I was in amazing shape. Instead of flirting like any normal human being, I awkwardly said, "Thanks…" and then walked away in shame. FML
I agree, your life sucks 5 877
You deserved it 1 337

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Any normal human being would furrow their brow, smirk, and say, "Why, thank you. I was thinking of going for rhombus today but decided on this at the last second."

Cow_Girl_Lilly 24

It's ok OP. Just have to work on flirting while your working on those nice biceps ;)

Comments

debuono420 9

At least we know your not a **** boy :p

Any normal human being would furrow their brow, smirk, and say, "Why, thank you. I was thinking of going for rhombus today but decided on this at the last second."

Cow_Girl_Lilly 24

It's ok OP. Just have to work on flirting while your working on those nice biceps ;)

To maximize efficiently, do both at the same time by chatting up those sexy dumbbells.

AzrielB 8

if you can't think of a witty response, just say nothing. Some women like the strong silent type, just to be safe don't say anything for the first 5 years of marriage.

Lol good one. My wife probably would be happy if I followed this advice. But alas, I never learnt this and it's too late now hehe

species4872 19

You really should stand in the corner and reflect on what you done. For shame.

Sounds a bit like social anxiety, but I could just be projecting. I've been there before, OP. Somebody says something nice to me, and I sort of awkwardly smile and mumble "thank you," and then shuffle off. Then I realize later I should have tried being friendly back and curse myself for not doing so.

I'm not necessarily shy, but can be in an awkward situation. I was at a friend's party at her house recently, and as I was heading towards the bathroom, a girl reached out, stroked my hair, and said "I really like your hair." I mumbled thanks as I was already turning the knob to the bathroom. It was twice as awkward as she was still there when I came out.

Wow...that shoots past awkward to downright-creepy. I feel bad for you, man.

Wow...that just shoots right past "awkward" and onto "downright-creepy." I feel for you, man.

jcash52426 5

Either you had to much to drink or you were just a little shy.

I honestly believe that direct complements are quite difficult to deal with sometimes. Most of us never get a direct complement beyond the basic, you look good. And usually that is only from friends, so from a stranger it is usually rare (maybe I'm wrong, but it's my experience) and we are unfamiliar with how to react. Society needs to allow us to complement strangers more often.