By Anonymous - 18/11/2009 06:17 - United States

Today, at the old folk's home where I work as a housekeeper, a resident was holding herself on the way to the bathroom. I hoped she wouldn't leave a mess. She made it just fine. I was then informed that she had left a crap trail from the couch, more than 20ft away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 461
You deserved it 2 739

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omg I'm a CNA and I happen to be in Arizona as well. I had an obese patient who was put on water pills and she refused to get up to go pee so she would go all over the floor and her bed and I had to clean it up. Like every half hour. I feel your pain, lady.

Comments

Its sad she couldnt control herself. I think working at a old folks home you'd expect this.

xavel_fml 0

Are you allowed to repeat that? Doesnt your job have a code of confidentiality?

Dude, you work at a nursing home, as a housekeeper. That's part of the job! I work at a nursing home as an RA and that would be like me bitching that I have to clean up someone's shit. That's part of my job. Accidents happen and quite frankly, this is not an FML.

WOW u chose to work there and now u complain! I used to help out a nursing homes when i was 5/6 because my family couldnt afford a babysitter that wasnt creepy. Theyre old and cant help it, thats why ur there to help them along with the nursing staff. Get a life as a walmart greater instead lazy bitch.

cherry_blossom 0

Aw, poor lady...more like FHL...or maybe F Both of Your Ls

Caring for the elderly is a very respectful job, looking after people who don't have the family to do so is amazingly selfless and is obviously tough at times, but I imagine rewarding too. My cousin works in a nursing home and she has had to clean up some horrible things in her time there, but she reads to them, plays chess or scrabble or just talks to them to keep them company. BUT, that said - FYL for not having an inch of respect for this woman...she didn't do it on purpose, so why don't you pull your head out of your ass and show her some respect. This woman cannot help it, I expect she was really embarassed about what happened. I hope that when you are her age and, if you happen to live in a nursing home, you have a simple-minded, selfish "housekeeper", such as yourself, who thinks so highly of themself, so much so that they feel the need to post such a petty anecdote on "fmylife" (surely there's a confidentiality agreement where you work) in which they are completely selfish, and have complete disregard for your feelings... Her family are probably paying the home (and so towards your wages) to look after her so why don't you start being responsible and respectful. Also, FHL for having someone like you looking after her. Just put yourself in her shoes... I don't think you'd like it if someone so publicly thought their own life was f**ked up just because you couldn't control your bowel movements and they had to clean up after you...don't you feel sorry for her? Or are you really that self-centered? P.S. Karma...it will get you back.

dangletsbang21 0

I feel bad for the old lady :( that's sad, it's not her fault.

Bucinka 5

Today, I had another bout of bowel incontinence. How humiliating that I can't even take a dignified shit any more, but my advancing age and disease make it hard for me to maintain my dignity. But all the piss-ant orderly could think of was how inconvenient for HER it was to clean up after me, even though she well knows what is entailed in working in a senior citizens facility. FML.

KiresKitten 0

Just try to think though, for a moment, how she must have felt OP. Yeah, it sucks that you had to clean it up. However, she has to live in a facility where she did that, and she's stuck there with everyone knowing exactly what she did. How horribly embarrassing must that be for her?