By Anonymous - 18/11/2009 06:17 - United States

Today, at the old folk's home where I work as a housekeeper, a resident was holding herself on the way to the bathroom. I hoped she wouldn't leave a mess. She made it just fine. I was then informed that she had left a crap trail from the couch, more than 20ft away. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 460
You deserved it 2 739

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Omg I'm a CNA and I happen to be in Arizona as well. I had an obese patient who was put on water pills and she refused to get up to go pee so she would go all over the floor and her bed and I had to clean it up. Like every half hour. I feel your pain, lady.

Comments

Omg I'm a CNA and I happen to be in Arizona as well. I had an obese patient who was put on water pills and she refused to get up to go pee so she would go all over the floor and her bed and I had to clean it up. Like every half hour. I feel your pain, lady.

wow, yours is actually worse because at least this old lady tried making it to the bathroom, but to have a person refuse to even try to make it to the bathroom, knowing you're going to have to clean it up... THAT'S an FML

She probably left the crap trail so she could find her way back to the couch. For all you know she gets lost easily in her old age. Hopefully you didn't clean it up until she got back.

I think it's more of a FHL, I'm sure she was exremely embarassed, I feel really bad for her.

I feel sorry for both of you. I had to care for my 88 year old grandmother at the end of her life and she felt very bad anytime it would happen, but shit is shit and it's difficult to be cheerful when you're cleaning it up. Being in the military means you may get shot, but you're not exactly thrilled when you catch a bullet. It still sucks.

FYL. I work at a senior home as well, and I know you know it happens, but it still sucks! something very similar happened at work the other day, but they sent the other team to clean it up so I got lucky :)

If you don't want to deal with incontinence, then don't work as a housekeeper at a place like that. It's a shitty job, pun intended.

Better to deal with incontinence then incompetence. ;)

That really blows. At least you have a job.

ROFLDOCTOR 1

Ugh, FHL and FYL. I disagree with people saying that it's the OP's fault for choosing the job. She probably had no other choice for a job. If you're in the United States, you probably know that it's hard to get a job right now. Just because you get a job doesn't mean you have to like doing it. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be delighted to clean up somebody else's shit either. Sometimes you have to do shitty jobs in order to have enough money to support yourself and your family. That lady must have been humiliated though. Elderly people don't have great control of their muscles anymore, so incontinence tends to become a problem. This is why I don't ever want to be old, because of all the damn problems. Hopefully the lady finds a way to treat her incontinence.

RNCftw 0

not really an FML. you kind of have to expect that stuff with that job.