By Anonymous - 24/06/2015 02:48 - Australia - Bankstown

Today, at my sister's wedding, she and I had a plan that she would purposely throw the bouquet to my girlfriend, then I would propose in front of everyone. When the bouquet landed in my girlfriend's lap, she screamed, "Ew, no way" and threw it to someone else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 288
You deserved it 3 704

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, at least now you won't embarrass yourself in front of everyone. But still, FYL

Ouch... but it sounds like you may have gotten lucky. At least you found out how she feels before proposing.

Comments

Maybe she just didn't like the flowers?

Owww! Sorry OP. At least you know how she feels now. Talk to here and see why she said that. The best thing is to work out what's going on.

Maybe she was embarrassed about being the only unmarried one out of 150 guests?

Ok, im sry about the way it turned out. But the whole plan and idea was SOOOOO CUTE!!!!! Sry that she wasn't the right one though :(

aw, thats shitty. it kind of makes you question whether if shes disgusted at the the thought of being married or just the thought of being married to you?

Look in your wallet. Look at your check register. You are saving money every minute....

You deserve it OP. Your sisters wedding is her and her spouses day, not yours. You were trying to use your sisters wedding to take some attention from her and put it on your and your SO. That's not even remotely acceptable. How about find another time to propose? Like not during the wedding of someone you're probably close to?

The FML said "She and I had a plan...", meaning the OP's sister and the OP. Presumably she was OK with this, so what's the issue? (besides the fact that the plan failed)

Most likely he approached her and asked and she was too timid/shy/afraid/etc to say no. So yes it's a major problem. Never ever ever make a proposal at someone elses wedding. it's just interrupting their day.

"Most likely he approached her and asked and she was too timid/shy/afraid/etc to say no. So yes it's a major problem." Not that I support this plan because I'm against public proposals in the first place but that is an incredibly presumptuous statement on your part. For all you know he could have discussed with his sister the fact that he was going to propose to his girlfriend at some point and she could have been like "you know what would be great is if when I throw the bouquet blah blah blah". There are some girls who are genuinely like that. The kind who want to be able to forever talk to their Sister-in-Law about their shared special day.

I can agree it's presumptuous. It's mostly because I would never ever support stealing the spotlight of a couple on the day of their wedding (or vow renewal) so I would never allow this at my own wedding nor would I ever tell anyone it's okay to do so. It's never okay to me to steal a wedding day spotlight, even for a wedding proposal.