By Anonymous - 24/06/2015 02:48 - Australia - Bankstown

Today, at my sister's wedding, she and I had a plan that she would purposely throw the bouquet to my girlfriend, then I would propose in front of everyone. When the bouquet landed in my girlfriend's lap, she screamed, "Ew, no way" and threw it to someone else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 288
You deserved it 3 704

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, at least now you won't embarrass yourself in front of everyone. But still, FYL

Ouch... but it sounds like you may have gotten lucky. At least you found out how she feels before proposing.

Comments

At least you can lick your wounds in private! Marriage Proposals should be approached the way an attorney aproches (sp?) a witness on the stand- never ask a question you don't know the answer to! Not very hot and romantic but much less embarrassing.

It is sweet and all that the bride of the wedding was willing to share her special day with her brother and potentially produce another marriage out of it but I've gotta say you got really lucky it didn't go the way you had planned it. Otherwise the reminiscing of the wedding in years to come would have been "remember *blank*'s wedding?" "Oh the one where OP proposed to his girlfriend?" So at least you didn't steal the spotlight, but still dodged a bullet too, two birds with one stone! Bail while you still can!

Maybe she was trying to be funny? A lot of people have over the top and/or awkward reactions when it comes to this stuff. Without having more info it's hard to say. Best case, op's girlfriend is very shy and freaked when the attention turned to her. Worst case, she truly isn't ready for marriage to op. It was a really cute idea and really sweet of op's sister to be in on it (considering most brides are against sharing the spotlight on their special day) but I would just drop the idea for now, see how the relationship goes for the next few weeks and re-propose in a more private setting. Maybe reference it and say "I guess that old superstition is true" or something.

fumanshu 9

Why would she be in the crowd to catch it anyways lol

Talk to her later about her disgust with marriage or proposals see if she ever wanted to marry and see if you can continue and wait for her to catch up or if it's time to let go and move on to someone who wants marriage

I wouldn't even rely on the subtle probing. She may say ya I want to get married, but be talking about sometime in the future like 3 years away. It's best to talk about it and kind of plan it. Talk about how you love them and want to get married one day, when they reciprocate, ask roughly when, in the next year, or 5 years? Better to know for sure. There's still so much of a surprise with how you do it, the timing, and the ring. All the girl really cares about is how the guy does the proposal, doesn't matter if she knew it was coming.

That sucks OP, but when it comes to public proposals I always felt it was unfair to the person being proposed to since public opinion and pressure might force an unwanted decision out of them. Something like proposals is probably better off private in my honest opinion.

I like to watch proposals on YouTube #sorryNotSorry