By Anonymous - 24/06/2015 02:48 - Australia - Bankstown

Today, at my sister's wedding, she and I had a plan that she would purposely throw the bouquet to my girlfriend, then I would propose in front of everyone. When the bouquet landed in my girlfriend's lap, she screamed, "Ew, no way" and threw it to someone else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 288
You deserved it 3 704

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, at least now you won't embarrass yourself in front of everyone. But still, FYL

Ouch... but it sounds like you may have gotten lucky. At least you found out how she feels before proposing.

Comments

What's the point of being in a relationship you don't want to last? I'm sorry that happened op :(

Some people want to be in long term/life long relationships but don't want to be married (or have children). They are still faithful and and in it for the long haul they just don't want a wedding or anything like that. It's honestly OP's fault for not asking his girlfriend about 1) her thoughts on marriage 2) her thoughts on marriage to him at this time. For all we know they have only been dating 6 months and she would like to be dating for a few years before the proposal.

That stinks that she went back on her word but you shouldn't take the attention off of her at her own wedding

His sister went through on the plan, the girlfriend didn't like the idea of it and tossed it away

You probably should have discussed the idea of marriage with her before planning a proposal, especially one that public.

Never propose in some flashy public display unless you already know for a fact that your girlfriend will say yes. Just because there are some really cool proposal videos out there does not mean yours is guaranteed to go well.

So true! If you are planning a public proposal and don't know her answer, you have to be prepared to feel more embarrassment, self-loathing, and depressed than you've ever felt in your life. Actually, just go on youtube and look at all the videos of failed public proposals.

Drentiful 9

That sucks, OP. Although it is kind of shitty to propose at your girlfriends wedding and steal the spotlight.

Welp, time for a new girlfriend, OP.

PANDORUM89 21

I would not be okay with that if it was my wedding. The wedding is about the couple getting married. A proposal at a wedding is rude IMO because now the day is about you and your upcoming wedding. I didn't drop a few thousand for a bridal shower for your fiance and you to celebrate.

It's her /brother/. If she wants to share the happiest day of her life with him as well as her husband, whom I presume was in on it as well, how is that rude? It's not like he snuck it in there without her knowing. That, that'd be rude. And I still can't figure out why you're talking about a bridal shower.

PANDORUM89 21

that's basically what it would turn in to except no gifts. and sometimes of course I have no proof. but sometimes people feel like they are being rude or selfish by saying no they don't want that at their event wedding or not so they go along with it. I've seen many people forced or bullied in to something they don't really want to do. I HIGHLY doubt the bride thought up the plan so its rude that the brother would want that to happen at a wedding for his sister. etiquette wise its rude point blank. now if the bride said hey why don't you propose at the bouquet toss then by all means. but I know 0 people that would be chill with an idea like that without heavy coercion.

mwali02 32

Saved by the bouquet. Trust me, you definitely deserved this sweet escape! :)