By Anonymous - 24/06/2015 02:48 - Australia - Bankstown

Today, at my sister's wedding, she and I had a plan that she would purposely throw the bouquet to my girlfriend, then I would propose in front of everyone. When the bouquet landed in my girlfriend's lap, she screamed, "Ew, no way" and threw it to someone else. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 288
You deserved it 3 704

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aww, at least now you won't embarrass yourself in front of everyone. But still, FYL

Ouch... but it sounds like you may have gotten lucky. At least you found out how she feels before proposing.

Comments

Maybe you two should have had some talks about marriage before you tried to ambush her with a proposal at a wedding.

ajs1987 15

YDI: 1) you should've talked to your gf about marriage 2) public proposals put a lot of pressure on girls, what if she'd said no in front of everyone? 3) throw*

_awwhellnaw_ 45

God I hate the idea of a public proposal. Sorry it didn't work out, but I'm also glad it didn't. It would've been very awkward for her.

middlenamefrank 8

Sounds like that worked out about as well as it could. You found out her answer and were spared a huge public embarrassment. Might want to rethink the big public proposal.

JackDupp 11

Maybe more of a DAB than FML, as in Dodged a Bullet

Wouldn't it take the attention off of your sisters wedding?!?!? Cruel bastard! *She says in a sarcastic voice*

That sucks, OP, but it's probably a good thing you found out before popping the question. Nevertheless, you have a terrific sister. I think many brides would pitch a fit at someone else getting engaged (or trying to) at their wedding.