By anon - 12/12/2014 01:43 - United States - Commack

Today, at my daughter's ballet recital, after she was done dancing, grown adults booed. She's five. FML
I agree, your life sucks 47 404
You deserved it 2 815

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That's so horrible! I hope you're little girl wasn't disheartened. I'm sure she did wonderful

Comments

MzZombicidal 36

I agree #1, this is horrible. I remember when I played softball as a kid/teen, grown men and women of the opposing team would yell some extremely awful things to me. An enemy team is one thing but to boo a child at a recital? Disgusting.

mmaalouf97 12

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
meli1195 31

just because they live in n. y. c. doesn't mean they have to deal with adults doing something pretty ****** up to their child.

JMichael 25

I agree. The only good thing is she's still young enough to not realize she's being made fun of. I'd like to hunt down the bastards that did it though.

A five year old isn't stupid. Maybe she doesn't understand it completely, but she must definitely have felt the negativity towards her.

I don't think it's "especially in America". The world is littered with pretentious assholes. Just be the diamond in the rough.

Durantye 8

Throwing in 'especially in America' makes you come off just as much a pretentious asshole as the ones you just mentioned.

That's so horrible! I hope you're little girl wasn't disheartened. I'm sure she did wonderful

meli1195 31

can people please stop being such grammar nazis? unless its undecipherable, just let it go. people are allowed to make mistakes and idk about you but sometimes I mess up while using a touchscreen.

It's the sentiment that matters. People don't need to correct such grammatical mistakes on every instance they can. It's just a small mistake. Get over it people. Judging by #2's English, it was just a typo.

Auto correct strikes again, thanks guys haha :) And also, does it make you feel so superior that you corrected that mistake? Like wow, just jump right on down my throat..

when I correct people it is so they are correct the next time they do it.

I'm not illiterate, my words were auto corrected :)

I agree with 29, but please stop saying it was autocorrect. It is also annoying and seems unlikely in the instance of your / you're.

It sounded more like fusions was making a joke anyway. It's likely they knew autocorrect was the culprit and was simply trying to be funny. You have to admit, "I hope you are a little girl" is a strange sentence regardless of context or autocorrect

Omg OP that's terrible to hear. Is your daughter okay ?

What a bunch of absolute *****. So sorry to hear that OP, I'm sure your daughter was wonderful and I hope she isn't too upset by such a disgusting display from those who booed.

Perfectly put. People that can do that to a little girl deserve a red hot poker up their rectum. Fucktards.

Awww, I'm sure she wasn't that bad. :c Shows who the real kids are.

whether she was superb or completely awful (we won't know, we weren't there), you don't do that to someone so impressionable. I hope she continues regardless. just have a chat and tell her there's people in the world who are just plain rude and to ignore them. good luck and good luck to your daughter. I really hope this incident doesn't make her give up and quit.

I accidentally hit "you deserved it" while scrolling up, but I don't mean it, that is a terrible thing to do to a child and I'd like to see adults get up on stage and dance!

ZY1431 24

I would've said something. thats some shit, if that was my daughter id freak the **** out.

Honestly, if I saw someone doing this to any kid I'd have a hard time restraining myself from beating the shit out of them.

#102, why try to control it? Those kind of people deserve an ass-whooping

that's downright terrible and rude. I'm sure your daughter did great.

Very rarely do I agree with using the term savages to describe a group of people, but boy do I agree with #9! These people have no soul, no compassion.

BBlah 26

I hate when it's the "adults" that do things like that I've caught adults doing things that they're supposed to be teaching their own kids not to do (like staring, cheating, etc) Sorry OP, make sure you let your kid know that she did amazing!