By bonedregardless - 15/09/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, at my cashier job, I got written up for accepting obviously photocopied coupons. Last week, I got written up for "inadequate customer service" because I refused to accept the same bogus coupons from the same customer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 643
You deserved it 2 430

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks. I hate when bosses are hypocritical like that.

kezzstar 0

Owch. I'd quietly start looking for a new job..........

Comments

deliapearl 0

either ur boss is an idiot or ur boss is trying to get rid of u. either way, time to look for a new job

But your boss' boss is impressed that your boss is "on the job" by conducting two disciplinary actions in two weeks on you. Now he or she will start to harass you, sexually or otherwise, and when you complain, they'll fire your ass for your long record of poor performance. Move on, this job is like a bad girlfriend.

Yep!! I know what you mean, people this isn't fake its called customer service, the customer comes first! The customer is always right, you must do what you can to please the customer....I say FML you didnt even have a choice (unless you were willing to just quit) *sigh* Retail sucks tha balls

the customer is NOT always right. yes, a store should do everything they can to make the customer happy, WITHIN REASON. when customers attempt to break the law or violate store policy, the customer is most definitely NOT right. rules are in place for a reason, and if managers aren't going to enforce them in a desperate attempt to retain one cheap-ass customer, there's no point in having rules at all.

the thing that pisses me off is when they go out of there way to actually call the head office and complain, and to them they believe the customer and then look at us saying we F*ed up and need to strengthen the rules..

Equinox987 0

If it's written up, ask for your records and slap the boss with them.

bellstboi 0

sounds like you work at target...

_THE_MASTER_ 0

most companies require your signature for a write-up to be sent to corporate. don't sign it, and explain why. if your boss is reasonable, they will see that theres either one way to do things or the other. not both.

They may be trying to get you to leave. A few years ago, while I worked in a shoe department, I had foot surgery. I got written up for sitting down in the stockroom. When I produced a doctor's note, my manager said she didn't care as long as I was seated in view of the public. Then her manager wrote me up for sitting down. Needless to say I gave my 2 weeks the next week - in the middle of the christmas shopping season.