Kinda rude

By Anonymous - 29/10/2009 20:38 - United States

Today, I work as a cashier, and as always, I asked the customer paying credit to sign the "sheet" of paper. I received a dirty look from one woman who apparently talked to the manager about me, saying I had asked her to sign the "shitty" paper. I have now been warned for "derogatory language." FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 645
You deserved it 2 830

Same thing different taste

Top comments

perdix 29

Next time, ask her to sign the "penis paper." When the manager asks, say you said "piece of paper."

Did anyone else immediately think of the City Wok guy from South Park when they read this?

Comments

Maybe you pronounced it weird? If it happens again, demand proof that you said "shitty."

Sunbolt 0

yea u weren't fired that's good... and the only way I can imagine you soundng sheet and shifty is if u were australian.... damn Aussies... over taking new Zealand D:

terranada 3

that's why u say it with a smile.

tribridags 0
sportsnut 0

hence, another reason why an education is so important...so you dont have to be a cashier. Way to be

I worked as a cashier when I was in high school. Now I have a bachelor's degree. Working a crappy job doesn't necessarily mean you're an idiot - frankly, anyone is lucky to have a job right now.

I work as a cashier, too, because I'm in my first year of college. OP could be in the same situation or a bit younger. And I agree with #8. I know people who have educations that did nearly nothing for them career-wise.

I'm actually a cashier right now but that's because i'm in school. There's nothing wrong with having a part time job. Mostly since college is expensive and my family isn't made of money. Work for a change and stop mooching.

I work as a cashier and I achieve good grades at uni. Having a casual job helps when I need to pay uni fees.

its a slip of paper not a whole damn sheet....LOL its customers like this one that make cashiers act so shitty

wiserman 0

you fail, because it isn't "derogatory" language you twit, it's "vulgar." derogatory would be if you insulted or were bigoted towards someone. or maybe it's your manager who fails for not knowing the difference. either way fyl for being stupid or having a stupid boss.

de⋅rog⋅a⋅to⋅ry –adjective tending to lessen the merit or reputation of a person or thing; disparaging; depreciatory: a derogatory remark. It would have been her "lessening the merit" of the piece of paper - Calling it shitty. Nice try at being a dick, though.

wiserman 0

thank you pointer dog. #'s 6 and 10, kindly shut the **** up.

perdix 29

Next time, ask her to sign the "penis paper." When the manager asks, say you said "piece of paper."

Yes, or "pussy paper" could also definitely sound like "piece of paper". :] Or, instead of using a pen to sign a piece of paper, one could use a penis to sign a pussy paper!

next time, perhaps do what everyone else does and call it a receipt?

Post this to notalwaysright.com too.

"sheet of" paper COULD sound like "shitty" paper...kind of?

Did anyone else immediately think of the City Wok guy from South Park when they read this?