By bonedregardless - 15/09/2009 23:39 - United States

Today, at my cashier job, I got written up for accepting obviously photocopied coupons. Last week, I got written up for "inadequate customer service" because I refused to accept the same bogus coupons from the same customer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 643
You deserved it 2 430

Same thing different taste

Top comments

That sucks. I hate when bosses are hypocritical like that.

kezzstar 0

Owch. I'd quietly start looking for a new job..........

Comments

abbscarface 0

Deamn that's f***** up. That's like, If u were in a pool full of piss and someone wanting to throw a bucket of shit over u. U either dive into the piss or take the bucket full of shit.

joethebiden 8

And this, my friend, is the absurdity that is common to all minimum-wage, customer service jobs. You are sandwiched between asshole managers and asshole customers, and it is impossible to please either of them without sacrificing your dignity and sanity. This is the reason why people attend college and find real jobs.

I got news for you. Even in a 'real' job, you're going to be sandwiched between bosses and managers that can barely do their job so they have to constantly step on the people under them as well as never-satisfied customers and absurd corporate policies. You just get to sit in a better chair.

I hear that if you take those two write-ups, and staple them together, they will self-destruct like matter/anti-matter

Was this by any chance at JC Penney? I used to work there and it sounds like the kind of shit that would happen.

Take copies of both write-ups to HR and request a copy of the store/Co. policy on accepting copies of coupons. Make another copy of the policy and give it to your bosses boss, along with your copies of the write-ups expressing your concern that your boss doesn't know the policy.

joethebiden 8

Perfect way to get fired for "questioning authority". Or even better, for "wasting company time and ressources" by taking the time to do copies and look up policies. Yeah, this is how absurd it can get.

Speak to a HRM. U dont have to put up with bullshit.

find a new job and quit. they are just looking for a reason to fire you. I assume like most companies there is a 3 write ups and terminated policy. your at 2. get a cracking.

I ******* hate customers. Especially when they know that if they harass the workers enough they'll get exactly what they want. **** you, bitch.

FaithX 0

The sad fact is, so many workplaces dealing with customer service and money have very conflicting policies and in a situation like that and no matter what you do you're screwed. When something comes up that is like that, always get a manager to handle it. It's the *ONLY* way to avoid violating one policy or the other.