By Anonymous - 10/09/2015 01:15 - United States - Mountain View

Today, at a public restroom, I caught my extremely eco-friendly daughter, who was on her period, looking through the trash. When I asked why, she said, "Because I'm looking for pads to use. It'll mean less garbage." I then had to lecture her in the public restroom about health and hygiene. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 507
You deserved it 2 608

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You should have another serious talk with her and talk about what other options there are.. There are organic pads, menstrual cups, cloth pads, washable pads etc. All eco-friendky. I hope she will understand that what she is doing isn't the best option and it can seriously damage her health. Best of luck OP!

I'm all about "less garbage", but what your daughter did is just... I don't even have words for. Hopefully you were able to talk some sense into her

Comments

That's just sick! Just how old is your daughter?

Definitely tell her to get a menstrual cup of some sort. They can last for years so they're cost efficient as well as eco friendly. Plus they're healthier than tampons and pads.

That is the most disgusting thing I have ever heard

everton99 16

Congratulations! Your idiot of a daughter is willing to risk STDs in order to save the planet. Do I hear the term martyr!?

LiLMAMA0523 35
Knoro 6

Ewww! You can buy washable pads that lady forever and are really good...

I don't know if this is possible, but because of the blood, I would strongly suggest getting her checked for STDs, HIV etc. if she has done this before. I don't think she could contract anything without having a cut for the blood to get through, i don't know but because you ARE dealing with blood, it would prob be wise to get her checked.

I am not meaning to sound condescending, I promise. STD stands for sexually transmitted disease, meaning transmitted through sexual intercourse, just as it says. No open wounds needed, just an exchange of body fluids or contact between genitalia. Blood is a body fluid, and even if it's not an STD that is normally contained in the blood, menstrual flow will still come into contact with the genitalia, very likely picking up any STD the person may have. If I remember correctly, it depends on the STD as to how long it can survive outside the human body, but that's not a risk I'd be willing to take. Not to mention all the bacteria and how easy it is to get an infection there...

Might be a problem with her decency and common sense modules. Sounds like it's time to troubleshoot. Make her dinner from the discarded waste in the dumpster behind Subway. After she's eaten, brag to her about how you have helped the planet. If she agrees with you then it is time to check your warranty. She might be defective and any reputable manufacturer should offer you a replacement.

That's beyond disgusting. If she's at that age where she started having periods, you'd think she'd know better than that.

Not necessarily, as someone already mentioned, some girls get their periods as young as 8 or 9. So maybe she didn't really know better. Either way this is absolutely inappropriate and possibly a health risk! Help her research other options OP