By kareltje - 14/09/2011 18:50 - Netherlands

Today, at 7am, I was woken up by a telemarketer. He tried to sell me a bedroom set containing "a comfortable pillow and goose feather cover". I was working the graveyard shift and had only just gotten to sleep an hour earlier. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 812
You deserved it 2 856

kareltje tells us more.

Can't they make a living during office hours? That would've given me 2 hours of sleep at least...

Top comments

#18: I'm just bored. Happy now? Should I write another FML? "Today I commented on one of the comments of my FML. FML"

What? Commenting on a comment is against the rules?

Comments

MerrikBarbarian 9

op- it's illegal for them to phone before 8am. not sure who the American board is you report it to, but they broke the law calling so early

MerrikBarbarian 9

who the non American, not American. Gah. look up local advertising law enforcement. 3am here. I can't type

I thought that sort of crap was illegal in Europe, to the point where it's unheard of? Not like the silly USA with our feckless "Do-Not-Call" list.

No OP but it rarely happens. But I think it's cool that the OPs comments

OP it's just rare that an OP comments on his fml. Your the second time I c it but actually I think that it's cool that they do that.

In Europe they call when they have time as a 2nd work they used to call me after 8pm or 6am... the best is to turn off your phone or mute it.

Ammi 7

And you kept talking to him because...? We had an army recruiter do this over and over and over to my roommate, in our dorm. It's actually illegal (in that state, I don't know about other states) for any kind of advertiser, military included, to call dorm phone lines. Yet, every morning at 7 am, like clockwork, he would call. Not only was she not interested, but she would have been rejected by the army even if she had tried to join up! It's super obnoxious and incredibly rude to call at that time of day, no matter what you're selling. That said, I actually don't believe in being rude to telemarketers. These guys are just doing their jobs, and they probably hate every moment of it. I did it for a one day temp gig, and I can't imagine doing it for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. But, if you just say, "Not interested, have a good day," and hang up, it really is okay. I had a few people do that to me, and it didn't bother me one bit.

I didn't. Hung up. But by that time I was awake already.

Tell him you're busy and will call him back. Then start asking for his number and why he won't give it to you