By unemployed - 10/03/2009 02:00 - United States

Today, as I was bagging groceries, I looked down to see a 6-year-old urinating on my shoes and the floor next to me. I told his mother that he should take her kid to the restroom, only to be told to "mind my own goddamn business." I was later fired for arguing with the customer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 155 840
You deserved it 7 471

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Take them to court. I'm sure a jury can see the logic and misjustice in firing someone for not wanting piss on their shoes.

I am from Europe and I keep reading about crazy FML stories of people getting fired because of stupid customers. Is this quite common in America? Is the customer really always right regardless of what happens??? I am quite shocked. Many time have I told customers to f-off, with the support of my managers, simply because we get paid doesn't mean we're prostitutes who can get peed on - with a smile -

Comments

#21 Though I don't agree with hitting your kids too much... I was hit a lot as a kid and teenager and I turned out just fine. I feared getting hit, so I tried to do nothing wrong. ... Though my sister was the complete opposite. XD Sometimes a kid needs a smack on the bum.

To those of you who were saying he wasn't pleasant to her. Her son just peed on his shoes. You don't know how much they cost him. If he's not potty trained he should be wearing a diaper or staying at home. Sometimes people forget, the customer may always be right (not) but 9/10 the employee is also a customer, and usually a really good one.

Aww... #10 beat me to it. #6, go to that website (notalwaysright.com) and read through a few of those. You'll see how American customers (not to mention most Americans in general) are absolute idiots and people working service for them usually have to just deal with it. "The customer is always right" is a policy that is preached way too often here, and people have started to just take that as a mandate without reason.

American customers and Americans in general are absolute idiots?! You're kidding, right? And you base this on... There are stupid people all over the world, and I believe you're one of them. I base this on your ignorant comment. Way to make yourself look like an idiot. :)

I was also hit when I was a kid. I turned out fine. BTW, golden showers FTL. :)

She should have tore his ass out the frame! I NEVER even thought of doing something that because my grandmother raised me right....and I knew she would get my ass good. She's from the old school and didn't put up with that shit. What a prick of a boss you had. File for unemployment! Make that bastard wish he never met you. Depending on where you live, you can/could file a police report. That could be deemed assault and/or battery, and mom could be held responsible. What a ****! I am so sick of parents not taking control of their kids. I used to work in the service industry and people would come in with their feral kids and let them run wild. I always hoped that someone would drop a hot/heavy tray/plate on them. I got my ass tore up a few times, and not as much as I should have. I turned out okay. Do NOT spare the rod.

**** THAT! let the company's Human Resources dept know exactly what happened so they can talk to the manager for you. as well, report this unjust firing to the labor board in your state-- even if you don't care about getting this job back, don't let such stupid things happen in the workforce YOU and I are all in. put everything in writing. that shit company will have a mark on them for this ridiculous mistake.

#17, it's not that easy to find a job anymore. I applied at five places this semester (and walked into three others that said they weren't hiring) and I didn't get an offer at any of them. It's hard.

I feel like this should be on notalwaysright.com too :P and I agree with #31. :/ It's very difficult. Not even fast food places are hiring here.

OuttaMind 0

The nerve of some people! Seeing as you were fired anyway, you should've beaten the snot out of that kid!