By 2pale - 01/11/2015 18:22 - United States - Humble

Today, after years of difficulty, I finally found the perfect shade of foundation that matches my ultra-pale complexion. It's called "Death Flesh." FML
I agree, your life sucks 24 475
You deserved it 2 351

Same thing different taste

Top comments

For what it's worth, super pale skin is a coveted feature in many parts of the world. There are even bleaching creams to achieve it. You are you, and things that you may find ugly about yourself may be the very thing that others think make you beautiful.

Hpixiee 23

what the heck kinda foundation you using?

Comments

PANDORUM89 21

why didn't you go see a professional who could've told you what your shade was?

You mean the useless people who half the time tell girls with porcelain skin to use bronzer or tanning lotion because their brand doesn't make anything light enough?

PANDORUM89 21

I didn't mean go go Ulta but usually a real makeup professional will direct you to a line of light foundations

Most makeup companies just don't make foundation that is fair enough for people with very fair skin, or dark enough for people with dark skin either. Or if they have one fair enough, it will be too pink or too yellow. Every time I saw a 'professional' they would try to convince me that their fairest foundation would work, I just needed to 'blend it into my neck really well'. It's much better these days now that people are embracing their pale skin and are aware of the dangers of sun tanning, companies are putting out shades which are lighter, but still not quite fair enough. Unfortunately now that I'm getting older, it's harder to find really good quality foundation. I spent nearly $70 on a Lancôme foundation, only to get home and see it was way too dark in normal light. Lucky my Mum could wear it, now I watch in envy as she puts on this amazing product that covers pores perfectly, smells amazing, doesn't settle into fine lines and lasts all day.

29, also it usually costs a lot to go get shade matched. You have to pay a lot to get shade matched, and then pay a lot more just for the foundation!

PANDORUM89 21

okay thanks for the education, seriously, I didn't realize that there was such a limited quantity since I know a demand exists for the product. I can understand it being too pink or yellow as that's probably the most common color in a lot of fair skinned people. well balls man! I'd say go start a strike outside of a beauty company until they wake up and make one, surely they must have a reason and if not then a way to make a much demanded product.

Are you using costume makeup?! Who names it that?!

Ruskiy_Cherep 18

Was it part of the Halloween sale?

That's my colour! Ben Nye has some really good stuff don't they! Mehron also have colours that go to the extreme fair/white end of the range. For years I added Manic Panic goth white to foundations to get one pale enough. BB creams from Korea are wonderful, they actually have colours light enough, but after reading another persons post, I'm now worried they might have bleaching agents in it. If you want some good makeup tips for fair skin, look up Mykie's channel on YouTube 'Glam and Gore' she has an excellent video.

hey, at least you found something! plus the name is super hardcore sounding, so no worries!

mads_nicole 19

Go to China, pale skin is super attractive there

I feel your pain girl. I totally embrace my pale skin, no need to feel ashamed of it.

The sucky part is that 'Death Flesh' foundation is only available 4 weeks a year. But it's on sale today for 80% off!