By squeltorey - 03/08/2012 19:28 - United States - Whittier

Today, after waking up, I went into the kitchen and took a swig of milk from the carton. I overestimated my strength, and the whole thing splashed all over my face. A few moments later, my dad staggered in, looked at me in disgust, and said, "You know what? I don't even wanna know." FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 816
You deserved it 11 163

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Who drinks from the carton that's just disgusting.

Comments

...is what 1 said when he realized he'd be first to comment, and couldn't think up anything decent to say.

LMFAOwned 9

Lol^ Just tell your dad it was milk, OP. But be sure to mention it's not your man milk..

Except this isn't the first time Dad's walked in to see white liquid splattered all over his son's face

and the race to be first has claimed yet another victim

Waka_Flocka_ 3

And i said what about breakfast at Tiffany's

ImmaB3AST 7

Uhm. I'm pretty sure milk and cum don't look alike. I might think he's doing some freaky shit depending on the moment I caught him. But I don't think he's whacking it on his face.

If I was OP's father, I would have assumed the idiot was trying out his own personal "milk challenge" and I'd be equally unimpressed he wasted that much milk plus made a colossal mess in the kitchen. :p

Who drinks from the carton that's just disgusting.

I do, but only when I know I can finish it off.

C0leTRain01 5

17-Considering about 9 out of the first 12 comments (including mine) say that it's disgusting to drink from the carton, I'm wagering it's not 'like everyone'.

21-It's common ******* decency. Unless you're single and living alone in your own home, it's completely inappropriate to drink directly from a bottle more than one person is going to use. But then again, I guess common decency isn't so common, is it?

Psych101 9

Better question- How did OP overestimating his strength lead to the milk hitting him in the face? Wouldn't that be underestimating?

thatKidzmOm 10

22 said what I was thinking. If there are more people living in the house, that's just nasty. I drink out the carton, but it's just me and Ryleigh, an she's 7, so she does too. Lol. It's different with more than one adult.

26, that is a very idiotic question you have there. Overestimate means he believes he is stronger than he actually is. Underestimating would mean he believes he is not as strong as he truly is.

I agree. It's not normal at all, disgusting unless you live alone.

34- I think 26 is right, if he overestimated it, would it not mean that it wouldn't go very far up, because he thought that it would be lighter, due to his overestimating his strength.. Where if he underestimated, he would think he would have to use more strength to lift it, resulting in it being spilled all over him

40. You just said he estimated his strength and the carton, even though he does not say one thing about estimating anything but his strength. Please read over the FML before trying to correct me, because I can assure you, you and 26 are wrong.

ManImTheMachine, please help me explain this to these two. I'm sure you know the difference between overunderestimating right?

46- No no, let me assure you, you're wrong on this one. You might want to stop before further making a fool of yourself. :p

Waffle... There are many things I can fix, but one I cannot is your stupidity.

Sigh, kids these days. Too headstrong and stubborn to take good advice. It's okay though I don't blame you, clearly it's the educational system in your country that's let you down.

Beatle, what is that in your picture? It looks kind of like a shell.

Waffle, there is something called dictionary.com for dumb asses like you who can't tell the difference between under/overestimate. And by the way, **** you for stereotyping the education in America.

saintsrocksoks: Actually, 40 is correct. But don't take my word for it, here's the Merriam-Webster definition of underestimate: Main Entry: un·der·es·ti·mate Pronunciation: ˌən-dər-ˈes-tə-ˌmāt Function: transitive verb Date: 1792 1 : to estimate as being less than the actual size, quantity, or number. Therefore, OVERestimate would be the opposite. Based on the definition above, underestimate would be the more accurate term in the FML. Hopefully this will stop a flamewar from ensuing. Although I may be too late.

Starting a sentence with and, tsk. I wonder why your buddy you called out isn't backing you up, hm?

Thursday737 7

34, it could go either way. he could have underestimated the weight of the milk carton.

Machine, I posted what it meant in one of the comments, you just said the exact same thing in detailed context. But the definition is not the problem in this debate. It's how they use they word.

63, does it say anything about estimating the weigh of the carton in the FML? No. OP does estimate his arm strength.

In that case, you, 40, and 26 are correct, and this entire, erm, 'debate' was in vain. Go to bed people.

Psych101 9

34- You seem very aggressive for someone simply answering a question. If the OP overestimated his strength, then he would have lifted the carton less than he expected. Think of it this way: if he was lifting weights and overestimated his strength, he might not be able to lift as much as he thought, or not make it go as high.

If he would of underestimated his strength, he wouldn't of even bothered attempting to do what he did.

67, that's exactly what I meant... If he overestimated it, he wouldn't be able to lift it as easily as he thought he would, resulting in him spilling it.

68: You're confusing the prefixes 'over-' and 'under-'. You're also confusing 'would of' with 'would have', but I'm too tired for this. Good night.

Ok machine, I'll take your word for it and go to sleep. Guys sorry if I was wrong.

KiddNYC1O 20
Prodigy7 4

Don't be sorry that you were wrong. Your point could also be correct. In fact, I'm pretty sure that that would be the more likely scenario. Be sorry you were a dick about it...

Why don't we just say that he didn't over- or underestimate anything, he just failed?

I can't believe I'm late for the over/under debate! I'm on the under team. It would be pretty sad if you thought you are strong enough to lift a carton of milk and then find out that... Nope, you can't. That would be a different FML.

To quote Peter Griffin... OH MY GOD WHO THE HELL CARES Point is, op accidently spilled milk all over his face trying to drink out of the bottle.

33loveyou 2

If you just live with your family it's not that bad I mean Im sure you would drink out of the same water bottle as your mom dad or sister. Unless you backwash then thats gross.

He thought he was strong enough to lift it, but he wasnt ( overestimate).

My intention wasn't to start a debate, all I had wanted to do was to put in my opinion, and back up the "idiotic" commenter. I said what I had thought was true, and I don't think anyone appreciates the way that some responses were sent, I don't believe that name calling is necessary. Everyone is wrong at times, and it can help to point it out, but only when done kindly. Seriously, no venom is needed People tend to listen a lot more when the advice is said in a humane way, not when they are called stupid. There is no need for that.

3: That's the OP's point; he expected it to be heavier and accidentally splashed himself.

3: That's the OP's point; he expected it to be heavier and accidentally splashed himself.

bossroyd 4

All muscles, no coordination.

Maybe it was a new carton... Maybe he only works out one arm... And that's his milk drinking arm... And he forgets the strength difference.. And maybe his body was informing him it's was a little more quenched than anticipated. And thing escalated quickly.. Always a chance(:

43- Maybe you... Should stop typing... Like that...

Jimmothy68 5

Who has a milk drinking arm?

Jimmothy68 5

43-Who has a milk drinking arm? "Hold on I need to put all my shit down so I can drink this milk with my MILK DRINKING ARM" All while dressed as superman!

Jimmothy68 5

Well **** you too iPod saying things aren't working when they're working fine

I think most of you don't understand how heavy an average milk carton is... Athletes keep trying to master the milk-lifting technique for years now. They eat milk. Drink milk. Breathe milk. They LIVE for milk. Why, you ask? One simple reason. They are training for the Olympics, taking the worlds breath away with their milk-themed stunts. Don't strip them of their dream.

This is why you don't drink from the carton children.

He got super soaked... By a carton of milk. *rips his man card away* you don't deserve a man card.

Hiimhaileypotter 52

Ew, YDI just for drinking out of the carton. That's nasty.

thatpeachyperson 12

Maybe the carton only had a enough for one person in it. It would have to have had a lot of milk in it to pour all over OP's face but maybe OP was thirsty?

^ Or maybe Op has some bad personal habits, plus he didn't care how much as in there (hence why he's now wearing it) or who may be drinking from it next (again, hence no cup!) ;P

I read "that's nasty" in Cleveland's voice.

He was obviously wondering why you'd drink straight from the carton. I'd be disgusted too. It's selfish and unhygienic.

Well the carton could be just for the son and the dad drinks a different milk. But yeah drinking from the carton is gross.

RochelleRedvines 8

Um...did you always have your own special milk carton growing up?

I do now, my fiancee drinks 2% and I drink whole milk. Also so do many families have different types of milk the house. Example toddler milk usual whole milk and the rest of family drink skin milk or one member could be lactose intolerant and drink silk milk. Perhaps they just choose have different milk for cooking. Don't be so narrowed minded.

He's probably more impressed than you think. ;)

kut17 11

He probably thought you were really excited to see him if you know what I mean.

You overestimated your strength? Even if it was a full gallon, that still only weighs about 4kg. Yeah, such a big strong man you are, tough guy. Oh, and you're a ******* pig for drinking from the carton.

Couldn't have been said better any other way Doc.

MonsterCommenter 4

At 24, Docbastard can do whatever the hell he wants. He's reached the title of FML god.

^ You two, I'm sure he can wipe his own ass. He doesn't need you to lick it for him, eh.

^ There has been an upsurge of praising Doc lately. Perhaps be needs to be brought down a step: Hey Doc! You're an asshole! (Bet he respects That more than "Bend over Doc, I wanna smooch your hole.") ;P Just screwing with you, Doc. Obviously. ;P

Psych101 9

I think OP meant to say that he underestimated his strength, because he tilted the carton back faster than he thought. He overestimated the weight of the carton and underestimated his strength.