By Dig4life - 05/06/2015 13:42 - United States - Kent

Today, after telling my mom that I'll be going to Las Vegas with my dad for my 21st birthday, she started ranting about how my dad always wanted to abort me and that she was the only one who actually wanted me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 758
You deserved it 2 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bruhsco 8

You can really sense the love...

bleedingglitter 24

My mom hates it when I spend any time with my dad or show him any kind of love so I kinda get this.

Comments

Since you're going to Vegas my initial advice would be to split the and double down, but it seems like that already happened. I guess all I got left is to say is - bet on black?

FYL, OP. For what it's worth, your dad's an ass.

My parents would tell me anything about each other, whether it was true or not, just so I would like one more than the other. So it doesn't mean what their mom said was true.

OneFourNine 9

You can be upset about the past, happy about the present or worried about the future. Your choice. Know that these are mutually exclusive. And try not to wait until you are 40 to make the right choice.

Sounds like Mum is feeling rejected. So she's less mature than you'd like? Accept she's only human.

Parents being manipulative like that is never fun... Hope you get things sorted out with your mom and dad OP!

At my age, there are so many things I've said that I wish I could take back. I am so thankful that loving family have chosen to ignore and/or forget awful things I've said. Life is too short for bitterness. It's a poison we self-administer.

Probably because she gets jealous haha that's so cute