By Dig4life - 05/06/2015 13:42 - United States - Kent

Today, after telling my mom that I'll be going to Las Vegas with my dad for my 21st birthday, she started ranting about how my dad always wanted to abort me and that she was the only one who actually wanted me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 758
You deserved it 2 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bruhsco 8

You can really sense the love...

bleedingglitter 24

My mom hates it when I spend any time with my dad or show him any kind of love so I kinda get this.

Comments

well maybe she wanted to do something with you for your birthday and now she's mad cause you'll be gone.

She was probably outright lying. If not, don't worry about it. Most people discuss several options for an unplanned pregnancy. Wanting an abortion when you weren't even consciously alive doesn't mean he doesn't love you.

People do change their minds. If he still didn't want to be a father, he wouldn't be there for you now. It sounds like your dad loves you, no matter how he felt about babies before, and your mom's decision to tell you that reflect more poorly on her than it does on your dad.

My Dad lied about me being his daughter to his new wife

Spend some time with your mom lmaooo she's jealous. ???

What a moment to spring that out on you. Your mom sucks, OP :(

Don't worry about her words, because my dad wanted my mom to have an abortion too, but after i was born he changed his mind and turned out to be a great father (even though we don't live together). it looks like your dad changed his mind too ;)

Sounds like they're divorced. It's hard to share a kid but it's important to realize kids have the right to love both parents.