By Dig4life - 05/06/2015 13:42 - United States - Kent

Today, after telling my mom that I'll be going to Las Vegas with my dad for my 21st birthday, she started ranting about how my dad always wanted to abort me and that she was the only one who actually wanted me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 758
You deserved it 2 284

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Bruhsco 8

You can really sense the love...

bleedingglitter 24

My mom hates it when I spend any time with my dad or show him any kind of love so I kinda get this.

Comments

sounds like a bit of jealousy to ruin your birthday like that. not everything is meant to be said out loud. enjoy your time in Las Vegas

johncanact 13

Well then it's time you abort her ass back to Bitchville.

how is that even relevant ! could she be jealous of you ! can't imagine a mum does that to her daughter

Happy 21st! Hope you manage to have a good time regardless!

What if it was the other way around and she didn't want you and he did. Don't down vote me either

You definitely have to see it from her side. She must be having a lot of jealousy and wants your attention.

Then she should probably act like an adult and explain to op that although it's probably unwarranted, these are the feelings she's having. She could tell op what she's feeling without trashing their dad, and op could calm her fears and let her know how much they love her. They could even make plans for when op gets back. Unfortunately, none of this will probably be said by op because their mom didn't talk about how she was feeling, but only managed to trash talk op's dad and hurt op's feelings in the process probably making op feel hurt and unwanted.

That sucks, if your dad was there for you since you were born she should shut up! He could have fell in love with you the moment he looked at you!

Smart man.. Should have went through with it... They say every kid you have is a vacation house you lost...

Parental jealousy makes adults do some crazy things. Especially if you're the only child they'll really get worked up. Don't take it to heart just know it means she would also like to spend some time with you. Maybe plan something out later with her.