By Anonymous - 06/05/2009 20:12 - Canada

Today, after practicing a song for my girlfriend on guitar all day, I called her over to my house to show it to her. After a long speech about how "this is for you," I played for about 3 seconds before I broke a string, which slapped her in her face. FML
I agree, your life sucks 70 270
You deserved it 6 370

Same thing different taste

Top comments

How close was your girlfriend to your guitar? Was she making out with it? I don't see how a string would have hit her unless she was right next to it.

My string just broke on Monday. Oh wait...its wednesday...Maybe I should buy new strings. By the way I know how you feel about this. Its tough being a sexy musician.

Comments

Funny how Americans correct spelling and its they who warped proper English, lol

Guitar strings hurt, that sucks. I got my wrist once while tuning one and the mark didn't leave for about a year. Also, to number 16, while it's great that you know about some British-English spellings, next time you try to make a clever comment, make sure you know that 'you are' is 'you're', not 'your', no matter where you are in the world.

like #3 said....not an fml. just a fail.

Why was she so close to the guitar?

SINCE WHEN IS THERE AN S IN PRACTICING????!?!?!

actonthat 0

Okay, I'm American and I know very well the difference between US and UK spelling. Don't let the idiots be your basis for the judging of all of us, please. As an editing student, FWIW, the large proportion of English speakers routinely skewer our language no matter where they're from. (And I firmly believe that 'omelette' is a far superior spelling to 'omelet.')

waxstigmata 0

25: thank you for your imput, yes americans are so dumb and arrogant and taint "your" language, haha, you're so clever and European, now please go away... anyway back to the actual post... that really sucks about your girlfriend, but like someone else said, just kiss the pain away, show you sensitive side, that works just as well as a song!

Someday you'll look back on this and laugh.

doubleaubade 2

I'm 13 and even I know that "practising" is the English spelling of the word and it's still correct -.- so all of you who are saying he spelled it wrong are idiots. anyway, that blows...

lyndis_fml 0

wax stigmata, imput is not a word. What did you mean to say?