By ugh - 15/07/2013 11:46 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, after my parents left for the weekend, my "friends" decided to throw a party at my house, despite my protests. In order to get them to leave, I called the police. I was the only one arrested, while they got warnings. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 783
You deserved it 9 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't bother with those people any longer, OP. They don't respect your property or your opinions and they will just end up using you for as long as they can get away with it.

If my "friends" disrespected my protests and threw a party in my home without my permission, I would no longer consider them friends.

Comments

demonwolfmaster 26

That is bull, you called to remove a party you didn't want at your house, they should have been arrested for breaking and entering.

RedPillSucks 31

It's not breaking and entering if they were let in by OP. See #16 query.

summerguy97 16

I think it is because s/he is (or is likely) a minor, and is hosting a party (whether s/he wants to or not) at home without a supervising parent or legal guardian. Not to mention that there was possibly alcohol use...

challan 19

I think your parents will respect your decision, and your lawyer will get you off with no blemish to your record.

"Help, police! These people invaded my home." "Alright, let's take a trip downtown." "Ha ha! Ya hear that guys? You're going downtown! Serves you right!" "No, kid, not them, you." "..." O.O

At least you know that you did the right thing! I wouldn't consider them friends if they would put you in trouble like that. Sorry about that OP, hope everything works out for you!

Jamerina3 10

Should've called the cops and then hid around the corner til it was cleared out.

I would like to know the charge. There is more to this story, which makes it hard to say fyl/ydi. I'm wondering Op's age, possible underage drinking/drugs, breaking and entering (didn't have parents permission to be there, could have been left with relatives?). Where I'm from you don't get arrested for asking the police to remove trespassers from your own home.

If the friends brought booze or drugs OP could very well be charged since it was his house.

Keep in mind OP called the police. I guess it would depend on the situation and local laws. Hypothetically , OP may have called to have trespassers who brought drugs and alcohol removed from the home. If so, why was OP arrested? As I said earlier, there MUST be more this situation.

Scynistr 20

Since its taking place on OP's property.. Anything found on op's property is considered their responsibility. For example.. If you got pulled over and your friend hid heroine in your car that you didn't know about.. You would be charged with possession. It's pretty lame.

Ok 43- that's a whole different scenario. Think of it this way. "Hello police. There is a man breaking into my house and he has a gun. Please help" "we got him, and you're under arrest for an illegal firearm in the house also"

Perhaps OP didn't give their name to the police when they complained and when the police came then they thought it was all OP's fault. Another idea is that either only OP is underage to drink or only OP is old enough to drink. Being underage in the presence of alcohol could technically be enough for cops to charge an underaged person with underage drinking. If only OP is old enough to drink, then there could be a supplying alcohol to underaged charge because it's his house. I've heard of the rare case where underaged people are charged with both when it's a party at their house and everyone is underage, but usually police tend to be more concerned with one or the other. Plus it wouldn't fit why OP got in trouble, but the friends didn't. There is another option that the friends overheard OP talking to the police and one of pretended to be the caller to the police. (Especially if OP is a minor and doesn't have a form of identification to verify his identity.) The friends also of paid of some cops earlier, but that option is a little more far fetched.

Ins0mau 20

Yes 29. 'Cause life is always fair and cops can't possibly be arseholes.

Wow, I'm loving your friends right now. What made them think they could just use you like that?