By ugh - 15/07/2013 11:46 - United States - Philadelphia

Today, after my parents left for the weekend, my "friends" decided to throw a party at my house, despite my protests. In order to get them to leave, I called the police. I was the only one arrested, while they got warnings. FML
I agree, your life sucks 52 783
You deserved it 9 146

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't bother with those people any longer, OP. They don't respect your property or your opinions and they will just end up using you for as long as they can get away with it.

If my "friends" disrespected my protests and threw a party in my home without my permission, I would no longer consider them friends.

Comments

Im happy you put friends in quotes. My best advice is to have as few people know of your house as possible. They wont have an excuse to just barge in and throw parties.

Sounds to me like you were the only one of age to drink.

graceinsheepwear 33

You can never assume how an encounter with cops will go. They are looking for the bad in people and the weak points in your well intentioned story, not the good. You aren't 6 years old anymore. Don't go running up to police wanting to make friends. They aren't seeing your logic.

You think only little kids should rely on the police? OP made the right call by getting the cops involved before things escalated.

graceinsheepwear 33

I think that cops are unpredictable and that they were called in this case as more of a gesture, like look who has my back, and it backfired. I am not saying only 6 year olds should depend on them; I am saying I don't think it should be treated like calling in your big brother to get you out of a sticky situation.

This situation doesn't really look like that at all. Judging from the story, it looks more like a case of domestic disturbance and/or unlawful entry. Both of which are quite serious issues...

I wouldn't have called the cops. I would have walked in the room with my shotgun and just racked the slide.

Because violence always solves everything...

Well, It solved the holocaust and a ton of other shit. I warn once. The shotgun cocking is the second warning.

Explain it will change the verdict for you.,,

Somehow I think there's more to this story?

TheyCallMeDamien 17

They are not your friends. They are just using you.

I'd like to know the conversation you had with the 911 dispatcher.