By aricababyy - 29/12/2016 05:09 - United States - Winchester

Today, I had my very first interview and pretty much got hired right away. Then I found out I have to drive 2 hours away for training. I don't have a car, license, or money. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 816
You deserved it 594

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Have you tried communicating this to your new employer?

well no one wants to hire someone without reliable transportation. Try Arby's.

Comments

Have you tried communicating this to your new employer?

You should have told them you couldn't do it as soon as they told you. Worst case is they reject you, best case is they make accommodations for you, either way it's better to be honest than to try and hide it. I'd also suggest that any employer who makes you want to travel two hours each way for training (for what I assume is a low level role, it would be different if it were paid well) is probably not an employer you want to work for.

...yeah, you might wanna bring that up to your employer like now-ish.

........and you didn't think you might need to somehow make a travel arrangement beforehand? Both before any interviews, and if hired? Even if it was within walking or biking distance, in inclement weather, you really don't want to take a risk being exposed like that. Sorry, YDI.

well no one wants to hire someone without reliable transportation. Try Arby's.

Congratulations on getting hired? How about a friend or family member? How long are you in training for!

Usually for training, the company covers travel accommodations. To those telling OP they should have known that beforehand, companies don't usually tell you that you'll be sent for training until you've been accepted. It isn't that common at all! Good luck OP!

aricababyy 22

I get paid for travels and the job is pretty much across the road for my house. It didn't say I had to travel in "fine print" and boyfriend ended up taking me, thankfully.

SexyMexi21 23

Everything in Kentucky m, from what I hear is a horse gallop away lol