By Anonymous - 25/11/2018 13:00 - United States - Seattle

Today, I had a job interview. I got there as quick as I could, having to travel two hours into a city I'd never been to. When I arrived, they told me I was turned down for being too late. They'd rescheduled the interview an hour earlier and I wasn't notified of the change. FML
I agree, your life sucks 3 665
You deserved it 197

Same thing different taste

Top comments

TomeDr 24

Yeah, you do NOT want to work for a company like that. I once had my manager change my schedule without bothering to inform me first and proceeded to chastise me for being late. I refused to allow him to do that and after that, he was pretty petty toward me.

Call them out. Show that you never had an email or phone call/text notifying you of the change.

Comments

Call them out. Show that you never had an email or phone call/text notifying you of the change.

Wouldn’t want to work for them anyway. If they’re going to pull that sort of crap, they’ll almost certainly try other unethical/illegal conduct.

Do you really want to work for such assholes? I hope they reimbursed you for your travel expenses. If they don’t, take them to small claims court.

TomeDr 24

Yeah, you do NOT want to work for a company like that. I once had my manager change my schedule without bothering to inform me first and proceeded to chastise me for being late. I refused to allow him to do that and after that, he was pretty petty toward me.

I had something similar happen. The shifts where I work have had to change a little due to people being in school and such. One of the managers complained to another that I was 15 minutes late, when I actually showed up when I was scheduled to. Luckily the manager who told me he complained wasn't mad and actually didn't believe him.

If they have a posting on a hiring site that allows you to leave feedback or reviews, leave one. Other applicants should know that they're pulling these stunts.

Mungolikecandy 19

It sounds like it would be a terrible place to work for. They do this now think what they would do if you were actually employed by them?

Sounds like they were looking for an excuse not to interview you, for whatever reason

They probably thought you were too close to Dumbledore.

lisalovesburger 4

It’s not even worth feeling bad about it