By Anonymous - 08/04/2014 16:07 - Italy - Vigodarzere

Today, after months of being on anti-depression medication and feeling very little emotionally, I finally felt some joy. Sadly it was from completely crushing my husband in an argument he started, where he claimed ketchup is a vegetable. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 541
You deserved it 4 842

Same thing different taste

Top comments

augiedd 12

Don't listen to the lies they feed you. Ketchup is a vegetable and mustard is a fruit!

Comments

No no no it can't be. My life is a lie.

Celebrate your glorious victory with fries and ketchup! That'll really get those joy juices flowin'!

davikiin 6

Ketchup is actually a fruit smoothie.

joeyl2008 29

Sounds like he just stated that "ketchup is a fruit" which isn't starting an argument. You started the argument by trying to prove him wrong.

I think you need to read the FML again...

NotGabe 28

It's the small things that count. Good on ya, OP.

I feel bad for your husband. It must be hard on him to be around you and your only joy comes from putting him down.

sammyjanette 17

Sorry, but someone arguing that ketchup is a vegetable deserves some swift and immediate correction. It's not like OP doesn't feel badly about it. If she didn't we wouldn't even be reading this FML. She has depression. It's not something she can control.

I never said a word that thinking a tomato is a fruit is smart. I did bring up a good point that people who live with people who have illness like depression often struggle even more than person who has depression.

KiaKarma 11

Struggle even MORE than the person with the illness? You must not have any mental illnesses. Good for you.

my mother has depression, and no, none of my family have EVER struggled more than she does. its ridiculous to even think the ones who live with it struggle more.

From that ridiculously ignorant comment, I'm going to guess that not only do you not have depression but you don't have any mental illness at all. You have NO IDEA what depression is like. I nearly lost my sister to depression and while it was difficult watching her being that way I knew that what I was going through was not even close to what she was going through. People who don't have a mental illness have no idea what it's like to have one and definitely do not suffer nearly as much as those who do.

#77, if you are talking to me, my saying its ridiculous to think that those who live with it struggle more means those who live with the person who has depression. not the actual person with depression.

It must be even harder to be the one suffering from depression where the only joy you get is winning a stupid argument.

I think everyone feels a certain joy when they win an argument so enjoy it a little

yeah, and heroine is completely fat free

Marvel or DC heroines? Ah, who am I kidding, none of 'em has a molecule of cellulite!