By housedoctor - 22/02/2014 11:01 - United Kingdom - Sheffield

Today, after getting back from my interior design class, I told my husband that I learned the golden rule for home decor: "Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful." He looked at me dead in the eyes, and didn't say a word. FML
I agree, your life sucks 40 849
You deserved it 6 916

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Maybe he just looked at you like that because he couldn't grasp the concept of what you were saying. Like he was confused and what you said made no sense.

Comments

Been having some marital issues lately?

Well for your sake I hope he didn't have a clue what you were saying and not actually applying that to you with his stare.

Razi_tail 25

Yeah, I was confused by the statement. If somebody would have said that in front of me I probably would have the "zoned out" stare thinking about it.

He doesn't like your clothes? He thinks you are so amazing, your beauty blinds him? I got nothin'.

The old saying goes, "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." At least he's being polite...

Shame on you for fishing for compliments.

OP was making a mere statement, not really fishing for compliments.

I wouldn't think to much into it unless there have been any other indicators of bad feelings towards you

Many people tend to jump to conclusions. If I was him, I would've looked at you the same way, not because I think that you are useless and ugly, but because what you just said was pretty much pointless.

Sounds more like he was thinking 'I have no idea what you just said. Am I supposed to respond to that?? You're the one taking the class, I don't get it...' rather than 'You are neither useful nor beautiful'.

He agrees and marveled at your beauty...the home is incomplete with out you...