By morenita27 - 21/12/2010 01:52 - Canada

Today, a woman came to my counter and ordered 12 donuts. I said, "OK sure, a dozen donuts." She paused, looked at me with disgust and yelled, "I said 12, NOT a dozen." FML
I agree, your life sucks 51 490
You deserved it 4 069

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

actually, hot cocoa and hot chocolate are two different things

Hot chocolate is made from actually chocolate while hot cocoa is made from coco powder. I have a tin of broken chocolate pieces that I use to make hot chocolate. I will never go back to hot cocoa again.

it's the same ******* bean. your chocolate is made from beans roasted and ground into powder then reconstituted into chocolate. that's why the fancy shit lists how much cocoa is in their chocolate

Hot cocoa is made from raw cocoa powder, which is pressed chocolate which removes the fat of the cocoa butter whereas Hot chocolate is made from chocolate bars melted into a cream or ground into a powder.

Olii, not everyone calls things by the same names you call them :) There are other areas of the world, you know.

They may have different names but even under different names there is still a distinction between what Hot Cocoa is and what Hot Chocolate is. olii is no less right just because different parts of the world may have a set of names for it all because they generally still clarify the difference between two different products.

I'd have explained to her, as I would a child, that a dozen donuts is the same as 12 donuts. Then, depending on how high up you are, how good your in with your boss, and how much you care about your job; give her directions to the nearest library/school.

I tried....she still denied it. I shouldn't have wasted my energy. Next time I'll take you're advice and show her where the library is lol.

When it comes to donuts... 12 is not a dozen, ever heard of a "baker's dozen"? Granted, I see where we are all coming from here.

Baker's dozen is where you give an extra item to ensure that you have at least a dozen. They are NOT the same thing.

A dozen is 12, a bakers dozen is 13. It is possible that the OP was working in a bakery, but I still reckon she'd have said bakers dozen if that's what she meant. Most people distinguish between the two.

A baker's dozen is 13, not 12. So she may have been referring to the 13... but still she should've known what you meant.

perdix 29

I used to drive through a town that had a donut store called Jolly Pirate. Once, I stopped in an got a "Pirate's Dozen" which turned out to be four donuts. I decided to leave the donuts and not pay, but was surrounded by a bunch of fat dudes in pirate costumes who made me pay for 12. Particularly fearsome was Whitebeard, an obese high-school dropout with a penchant for powdered donuts.

Once again much love man, much love i dont know the sex of you but i'd like tto think your a big badass with tribal tattoos thats a smart ass but puts knowledge behind your ass-nesss, its truly great.

hahaha!! best.comment.ever!!! I seriously just laughed so hard that the juice I wad drinking almost came out my nose.

Yes Perdix, Jolly Pirates... while delicious in a drunken haze... is a rip off. Especially for the syphilis glazed deep fried dough.

ohh btw perdix GREAT job for your 25k visits. dedication all the way.

wooaah someboddy is an rtard! I don't think it's a fkkk ur life thoo, more like Eff her life , and her ignorance

ohthebloodygore 16

51, ironic huh? You're an idiot.

She's a "rtard?" is that the new way of spelling "retard?"

Retard is politically incorrect. "Intellectually challenged" is for the idiots and "handicapped" for the others. He's probably one of Perdix's "arrgh r be a tard" pirates. They have trouble with "I" references.

No, it's just short for retard. You've never heard someone say it in real life? It's pronounced "artard"

scooter4life 0