By maleficunt - 03/06/2014 20:44 - United Kingdom - Cannock

Today, a customer yelled at me so furiously that she sprayed my face with spittle. I had to stand there, smiling and politely explaining that I needed to see a receipt before I could give her a refund. When she finally gave up and left, my boss bitched me out for "provoking the customer". FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 984
You deserved it 4 022

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Retail: basically the middle man to take everyone's abuse.

lil_miss_simran 15

Comments

"the customer is always right" fyl.

You can try try and try and still no matter what you will not win

91hayek 31

Sorry OP, I don't have anything to say except FYL and if I knew you in person I'd get you a cake or something. Being yelled at for no fault of your own and having that composure deserves a reward. I don't care if the customer was right or not, no one should be treated like that. I really hate seeing people being berated publicly and I hope this never happens to you again.

rachangie 19

FYL OP. I hate working in retail but I've learned to take everything customers say with a grain of salt. Sometimes we do jobs we hate and have to live with them, hopefully this isn't a daily occurrence for you and it gets better.

Please insert one (1) education(s) to proceed.

I don't know why but the use of an and a is a pet peeve it's so simple. Use an if the next word begins with a vowel.

I swear people are such dicks sometimes X-P Sounds like Walmart - customers are such HUGE FREAKIN' ASSHOLES & management isn't any better!! Hang in there & hopefully you'll find another job!!

Half the FML's on here are basically, "I was working at retail, doing my job, when a stupid customer came up to me and tried to get me to break some policy, so he/she left and my boss got mad."