By diablo - 23/05/2018 19:00

Today, I assisted my first customer at my first job as a Target cashier. When I rang up this lady's items and gave her the total, not only did she hiss at me and spit in my face, but she also dragged my manager over and demanded that he fire me. He did. FML
I agree, your life sucks 4 457
You deserved it 313

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I feel like theres more to this story.

Zekfen 17

That’s when you call the police and have the bitch arrested for assault and battery (spitting on you). What’s the manager going to do? Fire you again?

Comments

I feel like theres more to this story.

sytd3h5 6

Yeah, sounds like a few crucial details were conveniently left out.

nentenkupo 16
Zekfen 17

That’s when you call the police and have the bitch arrested for assault and battery (spitting on you). What’s the manager going to do? Fire you again?

I'm just going to assume you didn't mention that you're pressing charges against her because you want to keep your post short.

Did you add a few extra zeroes to her total?

While what the woman did was highly inappropriate, I do have to agree with the first comment. There's probably more to the story than what your giving, and I can only vote if you give more details.

It's a consensus. You need to do a follow up that includes all the missing details in this story. There's no way you got fired simply for ringing this lady up and telling her the total. That is literally your job.

Either there is more to this story or it's just plain fake.

Have you ever been a retail cashier? I have for over 30 years in a supermarket, auto parts, office supplies, and Disney. I can totally believe that happened because I’ve had customers spit on me and slap me for less.

blightsight 10

Have you tried not ducking at life?

Well yea but to be fired on the spot there has to be more to the story.

WeirdUS 29

I've had customers who didn't want to wait for a manager to help them and would cause a scene only for them to get everything they wanted. Employers are too afraid of bad word of mouth with social media.

I have worked in retail and it's not the customer's behavior that I doubt. I doubt that a manager just fired an employee if there wasn't anything else going on in this story.

Donut_Wizard 23
Dragonmastergod 14

I'll assume that there is more to this story. Noone comes up and spots on someone for no reason. Until a follow-up appears, I'll assume you deserved it.